The day after graduation, April 12th 2015, we started apt hunting. That week we only found 1 bedrooms and way over our budget.
2nd week we were standing outside a locked gate of what seemed like THE perfect 2 bedroom.
I mean, check this out, it's a 2 bedroom, it's walking distance, yes that's right, "walking distance!!" from the KH 5 min - within our budget. But, like I said, we were standing in front of a locked gate. Our communication is with the builder. The mystery owner is undecided to rent or sell these newly refurbished units. So as I stand under my UV umbrella letting my feet absorb the burning intense sun (and mind you, I hate suntan lines on my feet) sweat pouring down my brow, I ask Jehovah, "Why? . . .Why would you have me stand in front of a perfect place and then not let us in? " Meanwhile, my Philippino partner is talking to the tricycle driver who agrees to drive around the subdivision to locate the owner.
But no.
I am bummed.
Ridiculously bummed out.
The next day: I ask Jehovah, " Am I being too hasty? Should we just move in June, I thought You wanted us to move in May? "
I receive a text message: "Potential tenants want to look at your apt tomorrow, is that ok? And can you move out by May 10th?"
That was from my current landlord. It's Friday.
hmmmmm . . . .
Operation apt hunting is on hold because Sunday we have a Branch Visit NY HQ, Brother Weaver.
Sunday night I receive a text message from a local elder:
"I bumped into an elder from P.Que cong. who said he owns 2 bedroom apts which he wants to rent out to you, located in the ----- subdivision. Wasn't that the same subdivision you were standing outside the other day?"
Yes. It is. But what what are the chances it's the same unit?!
Monday - we meet the owners secretary who drives us there.
We turn left, then right, then straight, I can see the unit.
We're driving towards it -
'pls don't pass it,pls don't pass it, turn left, turn left, turn left . . ." Talk about wishful thinking.
Here's what happened.
*************************************************************
*********************************************************
***************************************************
****************************************
*************************
***************
*********
*****
**
*
IT WAS THAT UNIT!!!!
From a view of a brick wall to . . .
Those green things are called trees.
(No joke: I actually prayed for a view of a tree from my window!)
Alis from Hayward PJ Cong. in the past has helped me move from Castro Valley to Castro Valley - then from Castro Valley to Hayward and then from Hayward to Newark, and now! She's helping us to move from QC to PQ!!! What a gal!

PQ is a town vs QC is a city.
Mostly housing neighbourhoods vs high rise condos.
NO where near as crowded as QC but it feels hotter here.
PQ = 2,761,720 persons (based on the 2010 Census of Population and Housing (CPH) VS QC estimated at over 3 Million!Only 17 miles between QC and PQ but depending on traffic and weather it has taken us from 1-2 hours to get there.
Our PJ Territory includes Muntinlupa, Las Pinas and Taguig.






No comments:
Post a Comment