Monday, September 19, 2011

Hilary arrives - I 1st hug the luggage :)
Then Hil
Puerta Princessa in Palawan
Manila Bay
Our Last Supper - After the Circuit Assembly.  Hil leaves tomorrow morning

All is well.  Thank you so much for your lovely encouraging emails. My favourite one: “try to count all the little red spots, then attach a blessing to each one.”  And yes, I ended up with more blessings than spots!  (the spots have faded) Hilary left this morning - bitter sweet – we had a very very busy 17 days, vacation in Puerta Princessa (Palawan) and english Circuit Assembly and Pioneer meeting.  We did long exhausting satisfying service days.  Started more studies and experienced priceless responses.  Take Parveen for example – we left her  mags 4 months ago, but we never had a chance to return back – however, while conducting a study at someone’s home, she shows up! (was a relative of hers) -  “I have been waiting for you to come to my house for 4 months, you never came back.”  After explaining the Garden of Eden account, she asks, “when are you coming back to this house, please tell me, I will come here to learn more, I feel so good after hearing these things.”  So last Sunday she did come to that home and had her 1st study.  Then there is Monica (she is mentioned a few blog entries earlier), “why do you not come to my house every day?  I would like to study every day.”  And then there was Mandeep who demanded, “when you come back next week, do not come like you did today, just for a short time (which was 30 min.), I want you to come for hours, I have so many questions about God!” (and this was just the initial call). And then take Surinder whose brother died a few years ago in an accident, on the 2nd visit we were discussing what happens at death, and after explaining that man becomes dust, she takes a deep sigh, “but last week you said the dead would come back, how can that be if  . . .dust?”, and started crying from grief.  Her sister-in-law lives next door and we started a study with her too.  Space and time does not allow me to mention the specific moments that rip/touch your heart – esp. when their hopeless eyes light up after reading Rev. 21.4.  You can sure see why staying longer is a good thing.    I am happy to stay now and embrace my assignment because as one brother put it, “Home is where your brothers and sisters are and where you are needed.  So I guess you are home for now.”   

No comments:

Post a Comment