 |
| This is a goodbye card a brother made for a couple who are temp. leaving our group for a few months to attend school at Patterson NY. The heads are them, but the bodies are Shah Rukh Khan (one guess who found this picture!) and Kajol from the movie Dilwale Dulhania Lejange. | | | |
|
|
So I am sorry but I am not able to write a very encouraging blog today. I got sick (
again!), relapse from the last cold/sore throat, but this time I broke out in rash from my neck to my thighs - I wanted to yell out "unclean, unclean", and then one suggested "you have heat exhaustion" and another said, "you have heat rash", and I believed and hoped. But! as the rash worsened, plus fever, sore throat
(sore throats are murderous here in the Phil, I think the pollution aggravates it more so), runny nose, exhaustion, and more and more red spots spreading ( I look like a fair coloured indian cheetah), I went to a dermatologist and within seconds, whilst the words were yet in my mouth, the doctor diagnosed me with Pityriasis Rosea (Pity.rieyah.sis roe.seer.ah). Not deadly. No cure. If you check out the pictures on the internet, it is exactly! what I have. Scary-looking ugly stuff brought on by virus from the sore throat and possibly stress (what me?! stressed? hmmm). The very kind doctor-lady said trauma i.e. moving from a nice country to let's say, here! could have aggravated etc.(I didn't tell her about my phobias). The good news - most common victims are
"young" adults 21-35 years - ha! And the Dr. waived the consultation fee, "I don't charge religious volunteers.", wow eh? Anyway, tomorrow is the new service year and the 1st day of my new assignment as a SP. So I am kinda bummed about not starting out with a happy hoorah. And Hilary comes the day after tomorrow and I really would like to enjoy my time with her, like ugh!!! happy-stinking-new-service-year-to-me!. Sorry to be so negative but some encouraging emails would be nice to have right now. Plus, one more thing since you guys are such good listeners, I got soaked in the rain like ridiculously soaked from head to toe few weeks ago, so much so that pink dye was dripping from my skirt. (
for a taste: on a heavy rainy day, stand outside with your largest umbrella pulled above your head - be sure to cover your head and book bag well underneath the umbrella - then have 4 nice-friends stand around you - ask your 4 nice-friends, to pick up the water-filled buckets and "throw" them at you, while you try to keep your clothes and book bag dry! disclaimer - this is no exaggeration - it does rain sideways here). So enough of my complaining, I plan on enjoying myself with Hil, short vacation and service. Did enjoy some nice studies last week and nice 1st time conversations with those who are eager to have their questions answered. The ministry remains wonderful. That is why I am here. Focus focus focus.
p.s. I wonder if it's called "
Pity"riasis for a reason . . .
No comments:
Post a Comment