Sometimes, esp. on Sundays, I have to fight the tendency to burnout a bit. Believe it or not but conducting many studies, day after day can be exhausting. Learning to pace myself and being modest is key. But the last study on Sunday (note: it’s 6pm – had meeting earlier – this is the 4th study of the day) said one of those touching comments that gives you just the right amount of spiritual boost. With teary eyes she says, “Didi (sister), there are only 1 in 100,000 people that do what you do- teaching us about these things-I have never in my life met anyone who does, you are the 1st. Next week I will get off work earlier so we can study longer.” Now that! is heartfelt appreciation. I pray that she is one of the “desirable things” that Jehovah is drawing. We had a week full of potential studies. Questions asked or comments made were, “so are you saying the Granth is wrong?”-(2nd visit ); “Oh my goodness! They have kept us in superstitious/false beliefs our whole lives!”-(Older aunti-Sikh-2nd visit! Re: after showing them that there is no rebirth after death. Exact words, “ਲੈ! ਸਾਨੂੰ ਵਹਿਮਾਂ ਵਿਚ ਫ਼ੜ੍ਹਕੇ ਰੱਖਿਆ ਹੈ. ) “Didi, I read this lesson all night, out loud, 3 times so I could be ready for our study. ”-(lady who has below average reading/comprehension and earlier on that same day had finished packing and moving to a new house). “Didi, can you get me another My Book of B/S because my brother took it and is also interested (bros lives too far away for us to study w/him). “I read this book (Bh) every day.” “Please! As soon as you receive this other book, I must have it, I want to read it every day (referring to the Bible). On the sad side, 2 PJs were killed last week – 1 was a hold up (very common with PJ’s because they run a money loaning business) an uncle of a Rv, and the other was a youth who was involved with the wrong friends. We will be going back to the uncle’s home next week to talk to his niece – she is expecting us, in addition her neighbors on both sides are also her relatives. So hoping we can witness to all of them. Oh! One more thing, one of those OMG experiences. Met a PJ lady who is from Hayward, CA, lives on B street (pretty much my neighbor). She has lived in Hayward for 5 years and has never met a PJ speaking JW! Only English speaking. Had no clue that we have PJ JW’s/groups/cong. She is here visiting for a while, then India, and then sometime head back to Hayward. We have visited twice, she wants to study. The comment above from Older aunti was actually made in the same home where she is staying. Look it - I use to live off A street. She lives on B street. We have a PJ cong. on D street, but this lady gets witnessed to in the PJ language in the Philippines in a city an hour from where I live! Craziness! Proof innit? The angels must have gone nuts on trying to reach this one. Anyway, alliz well. Its been hotter than it should be in October. I am learning to murder cockroaches via spray. And while conducting a Bible study, I have learnt to lift my legs up like a bridge, should a mouse run across the floor, and! rather than freak out, I am able to continue preaching peacefully – now that’s! Holy Spirit in action!!!!!!!!!!!!!
No comments:
Post a Comment