Monday, October 24, 2011

one of the many reasons you need an umbrella (I think the lines are dead . . .hope so)
“Since there are so many PJ's and so few of you, maybe this is Jehovah's way of bringing to the fore those who will progress quickly and become pubs so they in turn can help out.”  I love this comment from a very good friend and pioneer.   I thought about this comment all week as I conducted studies that seemed as if a)   They could come in the truth tomorrow!  b) Could come in the truth some day, c) will they or won’t they?   And d) will they ever?  L  Now I view each person as a “potential” brother or sister (daily text comment last week too).   In all the years I’ve done PJ, I’ve never had someone say, that is – on a 3rd visit - “I knew you would come today to tell us more good things about God. . . .I can’t read, but late at night, I think about this wonderful future, every night, ਖ਼ਾਸ਼! How I wish it was here now!  Come quickly!” (the Auntie mentioned in last week’s blog entry).   Or 2 months later,  “ . . .speaking about the Gita and the Granth, wait, let me say something (I’m like, oh oh, here it comes), the Gita does mention God, but I was thinking, it’s only the Bible that tells you God’s name is Jehovah, and why there is suffering, I was reading that magazine the other night, and it even tells you how to raise your kids . . . and the life experience of this man who changed . . .the Bible tells you everything you need to live, that Awake on children was so helpful to me” – (studying 3 months – Chap. 2 Bh book- mum of 3yr old stinker).    And it’s so nice when you become a habit in their life - “Yes we have time today.  We planned on you coming.”   And then there are those “Mission Impossible” episodes – For example – this one PJ lady (the one last week who said you’re 1 in 100K).  She is unable to study at home and so arranges for us to meet at her Mussi’s (aunt) home but yesterday Mussi had guests and I just happen to arrive there 1st – so I call her, she calls me back and said meet me at Mammi’s (another aunt) instead.  She has 30 minutes before she must return home.   So I rush over there – she is rushing over there – the music to Mission Impossible is running thru my head – Bible in one hand. Umbrella in the other.  It’s hot.  I’m sweating.  It’s spitting a bit.  Dodging dog poop left and right.  We made it! And where does this Mammi live?   It’s the “enemies” house!  Ugh! It’s the man who always wants to debate with me. But! Thank goodness, he is next door, completely engrossed with the India vs England Cricket game. Yes!   We finish 5 paragraphs  - this is her  5th week now.  This lady wants it bad. Why?  I don’t know.  But the last time I personally knew someone who secretly studied (and snuck out to meetings) was 22 years ago and that person was me.  It gives me the chills, does she really get it . . .is Jehovah drawing her . . .Time will tell.  I’m well. Coughing for the last few weeks but it’s due to the pollution.  Allizwell.  It’s been a good productive week of service.  What do I miss?  I miss calling someone a cow. I haven’t said it since May 3rd 2011 – so, don’t take it personal, but “YOU ARE SUCH A COW !”  .  . . ahhhhh , thanks . . .


No comments:

Post a Comment