Monday, November 21, 2011

November 21 2011

1st meeting (Tagalog)  for Jagdish

her son studies with JP.

Meet Muskan ਮੁਸਕਾਨ (smile).  Her Dad has his own bible study.  Her Mum has her own bible study. Uncle Ricky has his own study, so does uncle Robert, and so does uncle Richard.  Her sister Priya does and likewise her brother Gurav too. 

Since no one studies with me, I can study by myself!

Sunday, 5th service day, for me is the most tiring day.  On most Saturdays I am wishing tomorrow is Monday (day off).  After coming home most nights at 9pm, 8-10 hour days, you can understand why – and those hours are not filled with door to door but  back-to-back intense, deep bible studies or never-before-asked question discussions (i.e. the heavens is my throne/earth footstool- “does that mean God is omnipresent?”  Or, during the flood when the (bad) spirits left their fleshly bodies to go back to heaven, “does that mean a spirit leaves our body too after ‘we’ die?” {now that! one I have never heard but talk about creative.  A good one . .}).  It is, though, a wonderful tired that I have become addicted to.  As one elder joked, “we’re gonna do a shepherding call on you guys regarding being addicted to doing ‘too much’ field service!”  But this Sunday I was over and beyond tired, woke up asking Jehovah, “ohhhhhhh, ugh!!!!  Just 5 more minutes . . .pls! . . 5 minutes later, but why why why can’t we have 8 days in the week, 7 ain’t enough!”, anyway, Saturday we had conducted 8 studies, and finished at 8pm and after having dinner in the area got home at 11pm.   But this Sunday morning a new study who has studied about 6 lessons had agreed to attend her 1st meeting, exciting debah? (tagalog for ਹੈਨਾ? Right?)    Off course.  BUT! She lives in Fairview (45 min by public transport) and we will go and pick her up to attend a tagalog meeting at 9am in her city.  SHE CAME! Her tagalog is very limited (only lived here for 7 months) but she wanted to go despite it – her and her 13 yr old son came and would like us to take them about 5 more times so that “you can teach us how to find the scriptures, but after that,  we will go ourselves.”  Beautiful debah?  This lady has very limited reading/comprehension skills, but reads the lessons for her study ahead of time, every night out loud,  (we are studying the short simplified Bh lessons in the PJ WT), preaches to her husband, her son tests her with the questions in the back of the My Book of B/S, every night they do this – and she continues to tell me that after reading our mags, books, broch, she has placed them in a safe pile, and when she plans to visit India she will take all the literature and “I will sit down with my siblings and teach them everything I have learnt, even though they are more educated than me, they need to know this.”  Humble, honest and hungry debah?  So, if I have to travel 2 hours the next 5 Sundays, so be it, I may be bored because I can’t understand the “foreign language” meeting at all, and I will have to write down my comment ahead of time and hope that when I nervously “read” (ugh!) my answer, the brother understands what I am saying – not sure, but do any of you guys know what that feels like (ha! I’m sure you do but NOW I know how you guys feel - J  I give you all major props).   And this new brochure, Listen To God, has been working in amazing wonderful ways – started using it right away, although we only have English, but for illiterate ones it doesn’t make a difference debah?  We’ve had many ask us if humans with wings live in heaven (page 6), and it’s been fun and challenging to explain what an angel is since they do not understand the words for angel, ਦੂਤ or ਫ਼ਰਿਸ਼ਤੇ, so I’m trying the words ਆਤਮਿਕ ਪੁੱਤ੍ਰ (spirit sons) or ਆਤਮਾ ਵਾਲੇ ਪੁੱਤ੍ਰ, seems to be working but time will tell.   So I’ll have to finish telling you about the rest of my Sunday next week, this was only the 1st half of the day, and after some nice studies Sunday afternoon, finished service about 6pm, but I felt more rested, had more energy and didn’t feel tired at all!  On the way home, took a jeepni home, a brother was also going home from his meeting and without saying anything paid for my ride (8 pesos).  Nice! But no . . .he was not my knight in shining suit, or how does it go, knight in shining jeepni . . . ain’t there a knight in something something saying-  debah?

No comments:

Post a Comment