Monday, November 14, 2011

November 14 2011

Worms! little buggy thingy-majiggs from another province. A delicacy. The intestines/heart/inside stuff is removed, except for the brain, (we're not sure about the eyeballs) nd then it is cooked in a frying pan in some oil. 

Bea says they are just "deeeeelicious!  so, did I try it?   . . .YEP! sure did.  Popped it in my mouth before she could tell me what it was.  Crunchy, chewy, pretty tasty, tasted like bacon.  Wanna try? 

District Convention (english). 




“Is your name Jehovah?”  “No!” I  replied . . .to 5 year old Manshi  who was being witnessed to by 7 year old Priya J  Priya, whose whole family is studying, was excitedly telling Manshi, as she saw us leaving the territory, “Look! It’s the Jehovah-ਵਾਲੇ, ਇਹ Jehovah ਵਾਲੇਆ!! (they are the Jehovah-ones) and so then, naturally, Manshi proceeded to ask if that was my name J too cute.  My goodness, these little ones are already preaching to their buddies – “noooo, don’t you know, Jesus is not God, God’s name is Jehovah.”  Most of the kids attend catholic schools which include prayers and cross signals etc.  Another adult who has been studying 4 months told us today that she wishes, thinks about going preaching with us.  I told her that she can start witnessing right now to her friends etc, and she responded “but I am!  I told Rajnee (who is also studying) that we should not chant God’s name – think about it, how would you like it if all day long I said rajnee, rajnee, rajnee?  You wouldn’t right?  So God says to call him once by his name and then just speak from the heart.   Why don’t you just try it once and see?”   Proud of herself she says, “see, I am.”  This lady wants to study twice a week and commented that if there was another person who was fluent in PJ, she would ask them to study with her daily.  Awesome!  So I have been MIA because was sick for a week, right after our DC, lost my voice completely!  Yes, many said it was a quiet week in the Philippines.  One PJ study came all 3 days, and another family attended a Tagalog for ½ a day.   So that’s about it, I’m just now getting back into the routine of things.  Had some unexpected fun a few weeks ago.  Was on a study and heard the neighbours play my favourite song by Jason Mraz and I just silently said to Jehovah, “oh how I miss some good music, wish I could just sit and listen to some good American music.”  About 30 minutes later, on my way home, received a text message, “hey sukhi, I have a free ticket to Jason Mraz’ acoustic concert, interested?” !!!!!!      I didn’t even know he was here! It was not advertised at all and yet almost sold out.  Was one of the best concerts I’ve ever been to.  No loud band. Just him, his guitar, and a dhol type bass.  And the Philippinos lived up to their singing reputation – they REALLY love to sing.  Enjoy some of the video clips.  (the location is the Araneta Arena in Quezon City, Metro Manila - this is where our Zone Visit may be held next year - it was last year)

No comments:

Post a Comment