Sunday, May 5, 2013

15 Cousins?

Meet: Pawan, Akash, Mohit, Rohit, Kunal, Ravi
 PUNJABI PUBLIC TALK

15 kids came to the PJ Public Talk from Laguna (2 hours from Manila).  One sister studies with them. 15 kids!!!  2 unrelated families and all 1st cousins.  My interview with them went something like this: And you are? And she is? And he is? And . . .?  And . . . ? :  The responses went something like this:  She is my Tieyah's/uncle (Dad's older bros) son and she is my Massi's/aunt: (Mum's sister) daughter, and he is my Chacha's/also uncle (Dad's young brother) son and she is my poowahs/also aunt (dad's sister) daughter but she is my Mammi's/also aunt (Mum's brother's wife) daughter, or Mama's/uncle son . . . and . . .. and  . . . ahhh! My head is spinning!  Needless to say, I got good training on relative title names which I yet need to learn.  The Branch Overseer suggested we make a trip to Laguna soon and go meet the parents!

and Pooja, Mishita, Bandhu, Bhumi, Meena, Suman, Hemant, Jyoti


And here is Sukhi Mammi. (Reetu's Mum's Brothers Wife - Aunt basically).  She attended her 1st English meeting last week.  And this is her 2nd meeting but 1st in Punjabi.  She is doing great with her bible study. Last week (3rd study) she asked how she ought to "talk" to Jehovah, "what do I say, I mean, how do I say it?'. By the end of the lesson she got it, "ok, so I can just talk to Jehovah like He is my Father and Best Friend." 

No comments:

Post a Comment