Monday, September 30, 2013

Circuit Assembly and cute comments

Reetu, Seema and Renu at the Circuit Assembly.  Reetu has the goal of attending one day of each assembly.  So next month she hopes to attend the District Convention (her first). For her to attend, it means waking up at 4am, getting partially ready, make the 45-60 ride to my home, and then completely get ready, and then we travel another hour. Aren't we spoilt? 
See the latest Punjabi suit-fashion below! Aren't those salwar pants just alot of fun!
***************************************************
This PJ kid traveled 7 hours! His first time too. Just arrived from India a few months ago. His parents already live in the PI and  are studying with a Philippino sister.
***********************************************************
There are 4 PJ's in this photo. Spot 'em?
**************************************************************
Do you think the end of this wicked world is near or 400,000 years away?  
That was the question we posed to a handful of studies who seem to have reverted or lost their zeal somewhat.  Some even made the comment that they still believe, as stated in the gita (one of the hindu holy books), that kalyug is 400,000 years.  (Gita does claim that kalyug has gone on for 5000-6000 yrs and has over 400,000 yrs left.   Oh man!  So, what were their replies?

     *1st study - "hanji didi, bahut time hajeh heh. Kay lakh sahl. Yes, much time remains, many 100,000's of years." 
     * 2nd study - "If you read from the Bible, it's near, but if you read from other books, it is far.  (hmmmmm. . .grrrr)" 
     * 3rd study - "whaaaatttttt!!! hye-hye - meh ta Jah nu prahtnah kardee ki meree jeendee hoondee-he oh ahjave!  - oh my, I pray to Jah that if I could just be alive when the end comes. But 'they' say there is still a lot of time left. grrrr . 
     * 4th study - THE JACKPOT ANSWER - first she giggles - embarrassed, "I know you will laugh at what I say but will you believe me when I tell you that I believe in my heart, meh suchee mundee ha ( I truly believe) that the end could come tomorrow, and (giggles again, hiding her face with her hands), do you know that every-time I start a project in the house, I wonder, will I even be able to finish this before Armageddon. . . What if it came tomorrow . . . "     The discussions continued with all of them with a recap of Neb's Image (DC invite couple of years ago), our WT study's diagram of the GT setting it up for this week to watch the Walk By Faith-Not By Sight DVD in Hindi. We'll be watching it in a group setting - so let's see if we can ignite some interest again. 



No comments:

Post a Comment