Friday, December 27, 2013

Special Convention "Step Over Into. . . ., " Punjabi Field in The Philippines

Reetu so happy to receive a new Bible
****************************************
During Special Convention the Branch  revised Photo's and collages to show the Special Convention delegates. PJ received much attention.  The collages below are from the Service Dept at Bethel. You may recognize some faces. . .     ;-)! 

Do you recognize the girl in the yellow Punjabi suit - lower right box?
**********************************************
**********************************************

It's our little Reetu! She just happened to wear a PJ suit to the meeting one day, and the Bethel photographer was like, "hey you!" 




Bottom-right man on motorcycle is a brother posing as a PJ (he is half indian) and the brother offering the GN Brochure is Rajiv (also half indian) from our local PJ group. 

A "Would you like to serve where the Need is greater" stand.  Do you see Punjabi?

That's me with Reetu's aunt, Sukhi, studying at Sabbaro.  The picture is not a set-up, it's a real moment. It was the first time we "accidentally" met her and were showing her God's name for the first time and that He must have drew her to Him that very day -  "Do you believe this?" is the moment captured in that photo and she is pondering very deeply but can't say yes.
That was one year ago.
Today- she is absolutely convinced!  




                                              


This week we leave for Taiwan for 2 reasons. I have to leave for a Visa-run (max stay allowed is 16 months) and a friend of ours is graduating from BSCC.  So I heard it's gonna be cold - I forgot what that means. . . I wonder if my light sweater will do.

My fav. experience this week was a conversation with 12-yr old Priya. She was bombarding me with question after question about hell fire, reincarnation, and after one hour of patient reasoning, she smiled - bowed her head into her lap and after taking a huge,deep, sigh said, "Thank you Sukhi-massi! you have told me the truth, ahhhh omg! because I sin every day and I thought for sure I'm going to hell! Phew!  - and that's from the mouth of babes. 

No comments:

Post a Comment