Monday, May 12, 2014

JW.org video (PJ) Why Study the Bible?


This week we showed the "Why Study The Bible?" video to many families.  They loved it! 



This family attend a PJ Born-again church. The wife has read the entire PJ Bible (Hebrew and Greek scriptures - remember the bible we used before the PJ NWT was released?  that one.  ) 5 times.  I thought with that foundation, we could jump right into the BH book - boy was I was wrong. . .we just started the Good News brochure.  She's meek.  

Mum is teaching her daughter to memorize 5 scriptures by heart. Once she reaches 6 scriptures, Mum will reward her.  We need families like these in our PJ congs! Deba?
 
*****************************************************************

The Cutest Baby In The World - need I say more. . .?!
************************************************************

I can't explain humid heat. 
But maybe this cartoon will help. And that! is no exaggeration. Preach - wipe - walk- wipe - talk - wipe - eat- wipe- breathe - wipe - take a shower/get dressed - wipe wipe wipe.  And don't forget to breathe!  A hot sauna would be cooler.  Wet marks on our shirts do not cause a 2nd glance - we all look the same. Phew! I just can't wait till May is over.

 
*************************************************************
So do you remember last weeks blog about the father who had lost contact for 20 years with his son?  I was wrong. It was 23 years! 
Yes we got to meet them but only for about 20 min - - they are from England, Birmingham - both are Punjabi, but like me, very anglicized by the Brits - but check this out- THEY-HAVE-NEVER-MET-OR-HEARD-OF-JEHOVAH'S WITNESSES!!!! - I was like, "what?  come on! your kidding!" Esp. in England deba?  anyway, long story short- the wife of the son, about 30 yrs old, has just started to research her Sikh roots, started to read the GGS in english, and compare with the Gita - she is looking for something. She felt that our visit was divine - hmmmm, you think? . . . - Well, we showed her the jw.org, "Why Study The Bible," video in PJ, and as soon as the narrator said that the Bible answers these questions, she interrupted with the question, "doesn't our GGS answer the question too?", conversation ensued, directed her to JW.org as a research tool, exchanged emails, and prayerfully, we hope that she will keep in touch once she returns to England.  
*************************************************************



No comments:

Post a Comment