Monday, July 14, 2014

Jollibee Moments, New Moments, Funny Moments

I am a foreigner - even after 3 years I am reminded of that daily. These kids were stunned - they stared at me in that frozen position for about 15 min.  Usually, and I take no offense at this, it's my (not so small) nose - they are puzzled?  confused?  amazed?  I would love to know what's going on in that head of theirs. . .  
I am waiting for bible student, Sukhi, we study weekly at Jollibee.  


Sukhi and I were about to start our study but these women kept starring at us - so I asked Sukhi to give them a tract and direct them to our website.  She did great, totally fearless! 



A bible students grandparents visiting from India.  
Grandpa was lying down on the bed and did not sit up when I pulled up a chair beside them. They let it be known that they were not interested.  So I said a short "nehemiah" prayer, and pulled out my ipad to show them the PJ Video, Why Study The Bible.  It was "magical."  As soon as grandpa heard the very first PJ word, he sat up, pulled down his vest to decent-fy himself - grandma's disposition softened, and they attentively watched the entire video.  A friendly chat ensued.  It was a Hebrews 4:12 moment.  

Hey!  I got front-row tickets to see the beginning of
The Great Tribulation?  -
This is Bethel!
And that's the view from some of the residences.
 It's hilarious! Just having a break with good friends from Australia serving as IVs (International Volunteers). They are good to us. Mexican food - wine - and chocolate (english chocolate that is)  - could there be anything better. . .     
 
Update on Jagdish - she continues to endure - trials have not lessened.  Worsened.  Satan seems to be working OT, but so does Jehovah.  We only chat on the phone for about 5 min, rare, and her words, "I just needed to talk to someone about Jehovah because I always feel better afterwards," reassure me that she has not weakened her resolve to serve Jehovah.  Will be interesting to see what Jehovah's further will is regarding her.  Will she remain in The PI or return to India?  Time will tell.  It seems like this remaining or leaving The PI is a current dilemma facing many PJ's.  What will happen next?  It's like watching a movie.   
*******************************




No comments:

Post a Comment