Monday, July 28, 2014

Signal 3 Typhoon short movie clip. I am inside starbucks - 
next to our condo. 


During the Typhoon only the hallways in our condo had power.  I am in front of our apt's elevator.  Since I was not the only one with this , what I thought was a brilliant idea, we were all asked to unplug.  So, we headed to the mall.  

All the millions of sockets in starbucks, restaurants, hallways were being used!
We desperately found this one! See the girl next to me with the same brilliant plan. . . .
So many memorable sayings from the students this week that I wish to cherish, so here goes: 

1. Dhruv: 5 yr old son of Parveen. 
In The Past: Runs across the KH stage, no, even better, he licks the stage with a "I dare you," stare at me,  runs down the aisle, (picture me chasing after him with my chunni flying in the wind, jump, grab and yep, I missed!) Sticks his tongue out at the elders. Would not sit during the meeting - would not stand during prayer.  Anyway, you get the idea - a stinker! BIG TIME! Discipline, all forms, do not work.  For months and months we've tried to teach him about prayer, how Jehovah can hear our voices, even if we whisper. . . if we are in the bathroom. . . if we say it in our mind. Last week Dhruv asked me ever so faintly, in a whisper, "Sukhi massi, can 'Jehogah' hear me now?" He got it! 
The Stinker

2.  Parveen asked, "Do you have any small, little, literature that I can carry with me as I go collecting money?"  (Can you say tracts!)  "You see, I take my PJ bible and Bh book with me so than I can read them during my breaks and people keep on asking me, 'why don't you bring this in Tagalog so we can read it too?'" See her below selecting the tracts.  
I had to ask her why I had received over 7 missed phone calls from her a few days ago.  "Oh didi, I was so happy after reading Luke chapters 10-11, and I just wanted you to read it too so you could feel as good as I did.  I just had to tell someone about those chapters."  

  

3.  Bible studies helping bible studies.  You gotta love it!
Reetu is helping her Mami(aunt).  Mami is helping her daughter, Alice, who is FOB, (fresh of the boat from India).  It's Alice's first meeting. The girl in red is an unbaptized publisher.

4. Aman (studying for about 3 yrs)  who is not fully convinced we have "The" truth asked about taking her children regularly to meetings.  What brought about the change?  She heard me talking to her 13 yr old daughter about sex education and how to protect herself from pedophiles.  Aman said, "What other religion teaches their kids about sexual predators?  I myself would  never know how to talk to my kids about these topics."  She now sees the practical benefits the truth offers.

5. Usually when the rains and winds are heavy rains we try to find ways to make sure the studies will study.  - Anyway, Sukhi, Reetu's Mami in #3 above, lives in an area where if it rains consistently for hours, it floods to the knees. The rains began the day of her study so she calls and anxiously asks, "you are still coming right?  You are tall, you won't drown!  I will fix you daal roti and chai.  I want my study didi."  We did study that day. The rains rained around our schedule perfectly.
And the chai and garm-garm roti was deeelliiiiicious!
**************************************************************  














  










No comments:

Post a Comment