Monday, December 8, 2014

Modern day "baals" vs Jehovah - Peep-hole witnessing?


  When Elijah challenged Baal - asking if he was in the loo- the Baal worshippers started to make cuts on their body - Baal did nothing and Elijah was kept safe.  This came to my mind when  we were studying the Listen to God brochure, the flood picture showing the bad angels returning to heaven.  You see, my back was facing this altar of idols (see above  picture) and the student grasped that "these" bad angels (I point to the brochure), became "these" (as  I point behind me to the altar)- it felt a bit freaky - - but Elijah was protected. . . so it must have been a case of (see below picture),"The angel of Jehovah camps all around those fearing Him," because otherwise I wouldn't be writing this blog entry now would I. . .?!  

This is what it felt like 
**********************************************

And why am I crouched down on the floor?  "Peep-hole" witnessing?  

Fear - 

That's pretty bad - a huge lack of trust-security.  Fear due to either, petty crimes or in some cases fear from their own kind/community where one Punjabi can't trust another Punjabi  - That says alot eh . . .
***********************************
We took Parveen to Tagalog meeting again. The cong. was so warm and inviting. The WT conductor, 
before starting the WT lesson,
 even welcomed her, "our PJ guest" to comment in Punjabi if she wished  and at the conclusion of the WT invited "our PJ guest" to return next week. This is a very warm cong. We will not attend again, but the goal is to get Parveen to attend alone, something very difficult for her. The KH is just 5 min from her home. 

Not Fair! They told me it was a "wacky-wacky" pose!

****************************************************
The Battle!
***********

Battle of the noses
- "I wanna trade!" is how we both feel. 


No comments:

Post a Comment