Saturday, March 14, 2015

Week 4 . . . the end is near

Bethel food is wonderful.
They have a real international menu to accommodate the foreigners.  But, there are times (rare times) when I skip the plate - Anchovies for breakfast! - and yes, it's not a myth -
 rice is served 3 times per day.
 

All students are trained in various Bethel chores.
Monday - Friday after lunch from 1pm - 1:50pm, and then class begins at 2pm.
IT REALLY HELPS TO AVOID THE AFTER-LUNCH-DROWSY-SYNDROME!
Such a blessing. This week my group was assigned in laundry -
Per GB guidelines, this dept is required to do 5 min. of warm up exercises before working.
Way fun!  

I finally learnt how to fold a queen vs full bed sheet! 

This is the worst job ever!
I have always hated ironing (with a passion!)  -
it's been a childhood dilemma because while kamal and paul were watching Tom & Jerry -  for 2 (or 6! hours) on Saturday-morning-cartoon channel - , I was ironing for hours in the other room, (yeah, whatever! I was like 8!)
And I use to think ironing was a punishment for my sins in my previous other life (doosra janam)-
so when I was told i would be ironing 2 days per week for 3 weeks, i was like .  . . anyways, it took me 40 minutes to iron one long-sleeved mans shirt - Bethel standard ironing is a on a whole new level! And once i was done, my loving trainer re-ironed the shirt to line up the lines, remove the extra crease i created when I was trying to iron out the other crease. Lovingly, the following day they gave me a short sleeved man's shirt- that "only" took 30 minutes - progress!
****************************************************************************** 

No comments:

Post a Comment