"You may decide whether or not to continue studying with those in Paranaque, . . .evaluating travel time, cost, energy etc." was the Branch's advice when I asked about the Paranaque studies.
So, I super-duper prayerfully made a list of the studies. In the list of 15, I arranged them in order of progress, #1 being the best, and # 15 being the least.
#15 was a no-brainer. I always dreaded this one. Never studied. Could never find her books. In 1.5 years, still didn't know the difference between the Bible and the BH book. And the worst - I caught her looking at PJ suit photo's on her phone during prayer! I was done! But now, I really could be done. Meenu lived 2 hours away from Cavite. So hey, easy decision that one eh . ..
Fast forward a couple of months: Meenu keeps texting, "Didi, kado aana?" (When are you coming?) I'm like, dude, are you kidding me. . .. Consider, I might, just a big fat maybe, drive 2 hours for someone who is coming into the truth, but you gotta be kidding me right?! . . .I kindly explain, I'm far, I've moved, I live in Cavite, Gas, driving, new assignment, every "bahana" (excuse) I could come up with. You would do the same diba?
The texting is becoming bothersome. In February 2018, 4 months later, we need to go to PQ so why not visit Meenu, after all, she has been acting like the widow in the Bible who doesn't stop pestering the judge for justice. I texted her to let her know we will be by Sunday.
Sunday, rang the door bell, and she is utterly shocked to see us. What? I reread the PJ text I sent, very unclear that we would come this very Sunday. Totally my error. See the picture below, she's hugging me so tight it hurts, and she's not even dressed properly for guests.

And she is NEVER home at this hour on Sundays. It's temple day. But this morning, she felt like going 1 hour later. The "I felt like going 1 hour later," feeling is the reason we found her home.
So with my mumble-jumbled Romanized PJ text, and her "I felt like . .. " we all felt today's meeting was a case of Angelic direction.
She brings up her Bible study. We explain what a progressive student should be doing at this point. She counters the arguments. But then, she said something that rocked my world, and left me speechless, yes.. .it does happen sometimes. She says, "I prayed to Jehovah that if I die at Armageddon, the bloodguilt for my death must come from Sukhi, cuz I asked her for a Bible study and she said no!"
CUT TO THE HEART! We talked, we laughed and in the end we decided to continue the study via WhatsApp.
Meenu now knows the difference between the Bible and the BH book, can find scriptures, and since February has only missed 2 studies. She is doing better than ever.
And me? - I'm not blood guilty!
PHOTO'S BELOW
Every Saturday on WhatsApp, this is what I see:
Her girls wanna be just like Mummy.
See, I can even find Matthew 24:14 - says the one who can barely count to 3!
P.S: And what about that #1 Bible student on the top of the list? She was a no show, knowing we would travel 2 hours. A no-show. An no text. A real disappointment.
The moral of the story -
"Stop Judging"







No comments:
Post a Comment