Thursday, April 4, 2019

The Zaragoza Surprise - Gurleen


Meet our latest need-greaters, Meme and Ruth Zaragoza from Modesto PJ Cong, CA. They will be with us for 6 weeks. 


This is their "home" while here. Less than a min. walk from The Cheetsos and myself. 

Amazing how they got this place - the very day they purchased their tickets, Meme sent a text, "Help us find a place!'.  By the end of  THAT-VERY-DAY we found out this place was available.  Now that!?  Never happens. I think Jehovah really wants these guys here :-) 



A few days before taking off, Meme sent me this photo asking, "Do you know this girl?  She is studying" 
Me:  Nope. Never met her.  



Then proceeds to tell me that she is the daughter of Nittu.   
Now I am like WHAAATTTTTTT!  OMG! 

Those of you who were in PJ sometime in 1996-2000 will remember  Nittu.  She was one of those earlier bible students that had progressed quite a bit, attended the PJ Book Study, meetings, and maybe even an assembly (?)  but then, sad to say, she got "choked by the thorns". 

 That's Nittu holding the baby.  Man this picture is ancient! 
  Even my Mum is in it. 


So here you go!
 Meet Gurleen AKA Lena, the daughter of Nittu. 
This is us - Zaragoza's and me video chatting with her. 
It was a very special moment. 




She had so many questions. I had so many questions. 
But the part I will never forget is that she said she wants to get baptized because - 
"It's not just because of living forever but I just want to serve Jehovah." 
 






No comments:

Post a Comment