Surprisingly some new PJ studies from QC cong came.
One young PJ girl traveled 12 hours with a group from a town called Isabella!
Unforgettable moments:
- Met a couple from the USA who are serving in Malaysia. Asked if I knew a couple from Hayward PJ cong. They were referring to DJ and Marianne!
- Met a young brother from Italy (half Philippino). Recently reinstated. But he didn't make it back in time to say goodbye to his Father who died a month ago. He was tore up. We told him, "The Best Gift you can give to your father is, Be There - to welcome him back."
- Was feeling ugly one day - no sleep, feeling sick, bags under my eyes the size of luggage, and I said to myself, "Please no one look at me today!" And right then, this handsome young 8 year old boy that I had never met before, came up to me, raised his hand to my face, tried to grab/stroke my nose, and said, "You have the face of an angel!" I think he had autism, but I'll take it!
- A brother from Nigeria that I had never met before suddenly came up to me and said, "Where's your son?" THAT WAS SOOOOOOO WEIRD! I was like, uh...my son...ah is not in The Philippines. . .he says, "I saw you with him last assembly when he was getting baptized." Oh! I see! He was referring to Harjeet, Jagdish's son. Phew....that was really weird. But . . .
THE JACKPOT . . .goes to
- 15 year old Lance, . . .who proceeds to tell us while why he got baptized at age 10-11. "When I was about 9, I heard them say at the meeting that Armageddon will come when the last anointed dies. So I went to my Dad and told him, "Dad, I wanna get baptized." Dad: "Ok. . Why son?"
- Lance: "Because when the last anointed dies, Armageddon will come and I'm not baptized. I mean, what if Brother Lett is drowning, (Panicked voice) and I will have to resuscitate him! Brother Lett! Please no! I'm not baptized! Hold on! Wait!" Needless to say, after explaining what that really meant, Lance was happily baptized about a year later.
Fav. line from convention:
"Do what Jehovah says is right and your heart will catch up later."
Meet baby Sushant! In our PJ group. This picture just brings a smile to my face. I just wanna look at it every morning.


No comments:
Post a Comment