Monday, July 11, 2011

Week 8-9. (July)

Tagaytay - about 1 hour away.  My 1st vacation day! Looks a bit like Hayward hills :)

Dragon Fruit - name due to the scaley skin. Texture is like a kiwi. Tastes great. Lightly sweet.

Rain, rain and more rain!! It’s messing up our service.  Sometimes it is impossible to reach our destination due to flooding in their area.  So we just do what we can and at times we just have to call it a day.   Great studies and experiences last week.  Some of the positive expressions were 1) “ I am 100% convinced that what we read in this chapter – what has happened-what will happen- is true.  It will happen! pukka! ਜ਼ਰੂਰ ਹੋਵੇਗਾ!”” (father of PJ family that has had 4 studies in BH book). –2)  “I have been praying to God to understand this book in PJ (eng.My Bk of Bible Stories), you see I don’t understand English so my daughter explains it to me – and everything you told me last week I have told ALL my relatives.  I have more questions . . .so why . . .” (we wrote down 4 questions and will answer 2 next week) Mother of young girl – This was our 3rd RV with her!  3)  Please come back next week and answer my questions (like OMG! Right?  Couldn’t you just cry! Sometimes I want to – takes “had pity on them” to a new level in this assignment).  4) “ I think I would choose to be a JW but I just can’t accept that God’s name is Jehovah, I don’t understand, can you explain why you believe this?”— 24 yr old newly wed girl who will be moving to Australia shortly to join her husband, she has been studying less than 6 months.( wow!) She came to the meeting on Sunday (1 hour away- public transport) so that during lunch (most of the cong. brings own lunch and we eat after the meeting outside Bethel under the umbrellas)she could ask me some hindu/sikh questions that have been confusing her with Bible teachings.  Excellent hour and half! conversation, shared John 4:24/6:44 – eating curry chicken (w/black rice), while others are holding umbrellas sideways trying to keep the table/literature dry, it was wonderful.  5)  1st conversation w/woman: “who is Jesus?  When I go to work the Ph’s tell me to pray to Jesus and I will find salvation, but I tell them that God is one. I pray to him”. After showing her Jehovah’s name, she had a hard time pronouncing it, “ya . . hoo..”  so she got up to grab a paper and pen saying, “hold on, let me write it down” J  but we had an old WT the one about Jehovah’s name.  She wants to start praying to him now.  5) Grandma in her 70’s “Jesus died. Was buried. Then he flew up into the sky.  What is the meaning of all that?”  There we many more but those are just my favourite highlights this week.  Bollywood fever is spreading into the cong. (I had nothing to do with it!  , . .did not!) .  They want Bhangra lessons . . .hmmmm ( not guilty! No, really!).   This Saturday coming up I am leaving for Baggio (sp?), about 5 hours away.  Studies are already being conducted there but these ones too have never heard the Good News in PJ.  I am going with a Bethelite sister (it is her hometown) who took her one week vacation to take me.  So will talk to you guys in about 2 weeks. 

No comments:

Post a Comment