 |
| PJ Bible study assigned readers |
 |
| 1st PJ Bible study in Philippines! |
I’m back! last 2 weeks have been busy with “vacation pioneering” in the English Foreign Language field LOL! (see video) in Pangasinan and Bagiou for one week (5 hour drive) and then a 4 day vacation in Bohol (see 2nd video – an Island 1 hour by plane). So we preached in “paradise” and then played in another “paradise”. July 29th we had our very 1st PJ Bible study (the 1st in the Philippines!!!). Our group was in the back school for the Bh book. About 34 in attendance. Due to bad storm 1 PJ family (4 members) was able to attend. There was standing room only. We packed out the back school! What will we do when more are able to come? . . .Two brothers were assigned to read alternating paragraphs. They did beyond fantastic! (unlike like our 1st bookstudy in 1997 where an unnamed reader –begins with “S” and last name “B”- spent 45 min. reading the KL book! ). So starting now we will have weekly Bible study during the English Bible study. Very cool. So in tropical Bohol I had a horrible spider experience. Those who really know me understand that I do not have the normal fear of spiders like most “normal people” – HOW I WISH I DID!!! My phobia kicked in bad – panic attacks and all. Plus I had the flu the entire 2 weeks so the whole world in “sukhi-land” was just a horrible place - Run – go home- get out thoughts, as I try to make a “deal” with Jehovah (yeah , ok, I know! . . .) and my Bible that evening plops open to Jeremiah 26:21! (I think I heard Jehovah “laughing”). Anyway, the ministry is on “fire” in a good way. Met Monica who just arrived from India. Few days later her 22 yr old sister died. Monica also wishes to die because of her situation at home. It’s ugly. On our 2nd visit she tells me that yesterday she was angry with God - why did God send me to Manila. She continues, “Today I realized why. I have had the desire to go to church since I was a young girl. My family use to stop me from going to church. But I wanted to know Jesus. I could never and still cannot study the Bible in India. But now, in Manila I can! God sent me to Manila so I could study with you!”(me: this would be a good time about now to stop thinking about spiders!). Also, her 2 sister- in- laws (in similar ugly situations) also have been studying the Bible in the last 6-12 mos. We started studying with a few rude interruptions and Monica says “I know Satan is trying to stop me from studying, let’s go upstairs and study”. Remember the “public talk” experience a few weeks ago in the blog? About 6 are now have their own separate bible study. And remember the old aunti who wanted to know why Jesus died and was raised up? She asked why her grandkids are having a “class”, she requests, “I want my own class too,” and picks up my Bh book and starts reading the foreword out loud. So I, or should I say “she” started a study on herself . . . .There is a Special Pios couple serving in Cebu (another Island) and they regularly go to the Sikh temple to offer magazines. They hold up the WT’s and ask if anyone wants some. Many accept. We have had tons of rain due to typhoons. “Typhoons in queue” is what they say when there are consecutive typhoons lined up to come. But “alliz well”. And good news for me . . .Hilary is coming Sept. 2nd!!!!!!!!
No comments:
Post a Comment