It’s typhoon season! But don’t worry, the typhoons are hours (by plane) away. We get the crazy rain and certain areas do flood due to over flowing rivers. Twice we had to cancel service. I was drenched even though I had an umbrella. Some take advantage of mall witnessing. We had many good experiences on the days we were able to go out. Babli (we crossed paths as her and her husband were walking down an alley) – I had not even started witnessing to her - just opened the Bible and I was about to speak and she interrupts excitedly, “this book tells the future doesn’t it?,” and before I could answer yes, she interrupts, “and the present right?” and I was able to answer yes, and was about to tell her that it also tells the past, and she interrupts with “it tells past, present and future, I knew it!” - As I try to hide my surprise she asks where she can get this book “this is a book that needs to be read, I saw your program on TV about . . . “. Anyway, she is only here for 3 weeks and is going back to India. She and her husband both want a Bible, and their kids to study. We don’t have any Bibles so will make some copies of a few pages and give BH books, Mags, whatever we can get our hands on. Then there was a bible study who was telling us about her 12 yr old son (also studying) who was sincerely terrified about the end of the world claim on May 26(?) could not sleep all night– he was angry with God – “mum, why did god bother making me, could he have least waited until I got my license, and my own car, and I want to do . . .if he was going to end the world while I am 12, then why did he bother making me?” . And then there was a RV family (2nd call back) – 8 in one room. The man was rude and bluntly blurted out “listen, I am not going to change my religion”. At first I wanted to go ‘bhatti’ on him but then I thought, ‘what would J do?” so remained calm and explained that no matter what our religion or caste/colour, we all suffer the same things and Jehovah’s day will affect each of us. He calmed down. They made us chai but I could sense that there was not much interest with anyone in that room. So I continued to read scriptures while praying that Jehovah please reveal to us if He is drawing anyone in the room. The 8 dropped to 6, then 4, and then 2, I was almost getting to the “I am done” feeling, when I decided to share one more scripture with the mussi-ji and her niece - were they just being polite or was there interest? The Bible fell open to Genesis 1:1, so I asked the lady, ‘do you know how God made us?” and she started read 1:1 and continued to read the entire 1st page! Meanwhile the niece is scooting closer to mussi-ji so she can see the verses too –In the end they started to open up about their murdered nephew/cousin (shot in public- point blank range – money still in pockets-2 months ago). So I asked them if they wanted me to come back next week to answer their questions or should I respect the wishes of the man who not interested. The mussi said, ‘don’t mind him, he is always like that’. Another study - interrupted the opening prayer – while I was praying she interrupts with “don’t forget pray for my health”. Another RV we called back on ( I could not remember the question we had left her) said, “but you said you were going to tell us what the signs of the last days were . . .”. I was glad one of us remembered. I had my 1st Bollywood movie night – 3 idiots. They loved it! Laughed a lot and very very loud. Friday night is our meeting and the new BSSB school (61st?) has begun so for the announcements all 26 brothers lined up on the side of the stage and then one by one walked on stage to introduce themselves and then we welcomed them. It was very nice.
No comments:
Post a Comment