Monday, February 13, 2012

Hilary's welcome to the Philippines party! (above movie)

At NAIA airport - and here comes Sarah!!!!  No rest - They arrived Tuesday.  Wed. I took Sarah in service with me, started about 11:30am and we returned home about 10:30pm.  Poor thing, we didn't even have time for dinner. Dinner was burritos about 11pm.  (I hope I didn't scare her away)

And here comes Jared and Kristin!!!  They made it . . . no rest for these victims, ooops, I mean friends either.  They started service Wed 9am ish.  Jared did lots of walking canvasing in the heat.  But Kristin had a nice chill day. 

Zone Visit.  The 2 brothers from Bethel worked with the PJ group on Saturday.  And yes, off course I did bring it up.  What you say? You know.  Off course I asked them about BSSS (Bible School For Single Sisters) 

Kristen informal witnessing to guy on Jeepny. She is a fearless wonder that kid. 
 

This is the first time ever (ever!)

previous tuesday: while discussing prayer parveen asks, “didi, i know i should pray to jah, but will i not be betraying guru nanak?” after reasoning with her, she agreed to try it for a week (not read a memorized prayer but speak from heart as if to a best friend/father).  this tuesday: “didi, i did it. i prayed to jehovah.  but if felt so weird.  but when i went to work i was happy and i was not scared (of hold-ups)i felt better.  but . .  . this week (very concerned look) when my husband and son prayed to guru nanak i did not, i prayed to jehovah (smiling and embarresed)  (note: i never did tell her to not pray to guru nanak) how can that be ok, i betrayed  . . .it does not feel right. does this mean that i have changed religions, or am i in 2 religions? “ so we reasoned on jehovah’s viewpoint regarding being the only true god and a little history on who guru nanak was.  the brother with me asked her, “do you believe that what you are learning is the truth?” and parveen replied, “i like what i am learning but i am now questioning if what i am learning is the truth?  so i asked jehovah, “is this, could this actually be the truth? i am not convinced and i want to see more, clear evidence.  and i want my husband and son (2 yrs) to do this with me, as  a family.”  so we calmed her confusion and told her to be patient with learning.  so the omg!this is the first time ever (ever!) part is this – this lady has studied only 4 months! we are not even in the bh book yet but we’re only in the listen to god brochure!!!!!   her brother and cousins attended the meeting last week and she wants to go next time.  she studies twice a week and we meet outside a store for her study because her husband does not like us. So far the Cheetsos and Sarah are still here so I think that is a good sign. We blasted them with service the 1st week. Jared will end up giving the PJ talk after all, but this time it will be part of the English meeting Public talk where we will just break off into the back school. And then a short vacation to Bohol.  I think they are loving it, like really loving it . . .you know what I mean . . . I am not hinting at anything. 



No comments:

Post a Comment