Monday, October 1, 2012

Week 1: I made it!

English Circuit Assembly.  "Let God's Name Be Sanctified" was held 2011 service year in USA but in the PI it is held during the 2012 service year.  PJ was mentioned many times.  This was one of the reenactments of a PJ experience. 
Back in action . . .gotta be dramatic right?
Things we don't see in USA bathrooms but do see here . . . with good reason

view from the gym in our building.  considering joining it (for the sake of my back)

Gifted a tie to bible study. This is the only way he knows how to tie it
 So I’m back  . . .and it took me a while to figure out why I fought and fought to return to the PI; “why am I doing this?” was the theme of the long 20 hour, back-aching-swollen-footed, flight and “why am I here?” was the theme when I first walked outside and  received a warm welcome hug from the  blanket of thick-moist-muggy-sauna-ish atmosphere that took my breath away. 
That was not the reason and neither was it the man with a 3 month baby begging me for money or the homeless babies outside our home or the whip-lashing jeepni rides or the “reminds-me-of-‘home’” PI stench. Grrrr!  Why am I doing this, why am I doing this, why why why? Getting sick after 5 days from over-exhaustion don’t help either!  I remembered a bit when unexpectedly I was picked up from the airport by some friendly smiley bethelites (it was after 11pm!- so sweet).  And it was so great to see my flat-mate Hilary (finally! we never saw each other during her 6 weeks-my 6 months in the USA!  The terrible-twos are back in action) The very next day was pioneer meeting followed by circuit assembly and it was great to see the friends once again. A wonderful “welcome home” type feeling during which I forgot I had jet-lag.  But the real memories came back after a long weekend of service re-visiting RV’s and studies.  Some had fizzled out and it was an interesting experience to see who wanted to start studying again and who did not, time will tell because satan makes RV’s too but nothing beats John 6:44 so we are praying for guidance in re-finding those who Jehovah is drawing and to use our limited time wisely. 

No comments:

Post a Comment