 |
| To do your hair and make up in high humid conditions you will need the following: | | |
Air conditioning. A fan. A wipe. Good breath control. And a good attitude.
don't forget to tie your hair back before leaving home. The jeepney ride will ruin all your hard work.
 |
Sign in a jeepney: Siksikan= close quarters. Bawal=forbidden. Umutot=fart. Did you figure it out? hint: see boy in the picture.
Were the Guru’s mediators as Jesus was? How do you view the gurus? Can I see god? Does god give us dreams? Have you experienced god? What importance/value
do the guru’s have in your teachings?
What value do your teachings play in my life? How do I get close to god? Can I get close and see and experience this
Jehovah? This was just ONE bible studies questions in one session! Yes,
my head hurt afterwards but it was good because the man was sincere. His final comment, “yes, I have many more
questions.” His relatives know of us, some studied in the past, and he told us
that at their family get-togethers, they discuss what they learn, “Sujata or Sukhi
said . . . “ hmmm, not sure if that will
be a good or a bad thing, perhaps both. “Hold-ups” are common here – some harmless,
some dangerous. Basically Philippino bad
guys demand money from the PJ money collectors
(aka: five-sixers), gunpoint at times, and sometimes pretending to have a gun. So my female study - a five-sixer - said that
she has been “held-up” many times, and use to be terrified. But “since I know
Jehovah now, I tell them don’t do that, Jehovah and Jesus are watching you!” And yeah, they leave her alone! Learning a foreign language is a lot of
work! A young brother has kindly offered
to give us Tagalog lessons an hour on Mondays. 4 of us are learning, us and the
Grimms. I stink at it but here is a
taste: In an elevator you may ask “going
down?” – “baba ba
ba?” Response: “Ba ba ba.” (ਬਾਬਾ-ਬੱਬਾ? ਬਾ ਬਾ ਬਾ (for example see http://youtu.be/2G5_R8VN904 is a youtube Supreme Seafood Noodles | Elevator commercial). “Are you nervous?” - “Ka kaba kaba kaba? (ਕਾ-ਕਬਾ-ਕਬਾ-ਕਬਾ?) All I hear is a
lot of a-a-ah-ah-ah, every vowel is pronounced.
Ex: “pagasa” is not “pa-gahsa” but “pug-ah-sah”. How am I?
Happy and tired. BEST MEMORY this
week: hanging out in bethelites room
till 12:30am, drinking wine (w/chocolate) and discussing deep spiritual gems
with friends from Canada/USA (international servants) Myanmar (BSSB
students). WORST MEMORY: standing on a bus, driver slams
breaks and I accidentally hit my purse on the back of an elderly ladies head
and as I turned around to apologize, her old-lady-glasses were lob-sided and I
wasn’t sure if I should fix them of not. (OMG!). FUNNIEST MEMORY: standing on a bus, looking
for a seat, driver slams the gas pedal and I grabbed the nearest thing I could to
save my life – poor ਬਚਾਰਾ man. He didn’t know what hit him as I
grabbed his entire head in my stomach like a football player catching a ball
before it hits touchdown (no worries: he was more concerned with his elvis
hair-do that needing fixing after I was done with him).
| | | | | | | | | | | | | | | | | | | | | | | | |
|
|
| |
No comments:
Post a Comment