![]() |
The couple in the picture are Missionaries from Hong-Kong. Carline was born in the Philippines and John was born in England. Both attended different Gilead classes as single people (so~! not fair) and gradually they both ended up in a missionary home in Hong-Kong where they met ;- ) They've been married 27-ish years and in special full time service 42-ish years. Super encouraging couple. They still, after all these years, radiate the joy of serving Jah, no evidence of slowing or tiring down - how cool is that? Great role-models for all of us. My "heroes" for sure. They were here for medical reasons and return to their assignment tomorrow. It was a last minute "fluke" we ended up in service together just yesterday by bumping into each other in the lobby while I was waiting for my service partner and they were looking for someone to go in service with - perfect!
Very cool to take them on this study where an entire family sits in. Since in Hong Kong John and Carline have worked in the Nepali language, they were able to pick up PJ words that sounded similar since both languages have their roots in Hindi.
Off course it's always a good witness for the PJ's to see other "colours" serving in other countries - evidence of how international our organization is. It's little "gem-moments" like these that help me to remember why I am glad to be here. Good thing really cuz I got sick that very night with a fever and sore throat. Today - feel great!
At our PJ public talk the "sound dept" could not get the music for the song to play, so thanks to great technology the bros held someones phone (? iphone?) into the microphone! It worked perfectly.
Worst Memory: While eating in a 100+-seating-packed-outdoor-restaurant with the friends after the meeting, I felt a brushed feeling on my leg and thinking it was my skirt brushed it off - the brush feeling happened again, like something crawling "up" my leg, and I glanced to confirm my worst fear, yes, it was a big-black-blob on my leg, it was not my skirt blowing from the breeze!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! It was a stinking-big-fat-ugly-many legged-cock-roach that had crawled half way up my leg, upper calf region!!!! - huge! (for a taste, see cockroach movie on this blog date Oct 8, 2012). Did I scream? Off course! Did I care? nope. Ugh! . . . ."gem-moments" we shall remember shan't we?

No comments:
Post a Comment