Service
was a bit limited this past week due to xmas and NY’s. NY’s esp, since
unregulated-lawless-fireworks are permitted and it is suggested we be home
early and then stay in. The uninhibited
noise-level goes on till 2am-ish, and thank goodness we are on the 11th
floor. (see movie above). Sounds like a
battle-zone. Had some very nice studies this week. Round 2 of
the trinity discussion this time
included the husband of the return-visit, who although continues to disagree with
the truth, still likes to “share” knowledge and does not mind us coming to
study with his family. The discussion
was a repeat of last week’s, and I think it was good that the wife got to hear
it again – “repetition with emphasis?”
Another study – PJ man – asked if we worshipped Moses, and if so, could not
god have sent “others” to do his will, i.e. the sikh gurus. So we started off with Genesis 3:15 – one seed
– one satan – one purpose. God does not
need to do things more than once now, does he now? It was a good discussion – deep. His next
question is regarding reincarnation – why is it that a relative of theirs
remembers every single detail about his “previous life?” i.e. names, places etc. - ooof - hi.nahkoh!
(that is “ugh!” in PJ and
Tagalog) Not my fav topic. Another PJ
woman was told by her Philippino friends to celebrate xmas so that god could
bless her with wealth. (the study is a five-sixer thus lends them $$) . She
responds back with, “how can I be wealthy if I celebrate xmas? “you guys,” celebrate every year, so how is
it I am still lending you money?”.
Excellent reasoning I must say!
No comments:
Post a Comment