"God rested on the 7th day and went to church!" according to 8 yr old Manpreet who attends catholic school, as do most PJ kids here. I asked which church he attended ;-0 LOL! Manpreet-8, Sandeep-13 and her brother Jasdeep-11 have had 3 study sessions with us. They've already confronted their teachers with, "why do you pray to Jesus?" Operation-tact is next on the agenda. 2 hours with them consisted of a gazillion questions flying at us at lightening speed- whoa-whoa-whoa guys! I had to get into teacher, no- wait - head-mistress-mode. "why do we die when we don't have the feeling to die? who was mother-Mary? can I call Jehovah 'baba-Ji' (religious title for Sikh priests or the gurus) when I pray? What is the Holy Spirit? does god have a beginning? " and many more. Discussed John 6:44 after which Sandeep putting her hand to her heart, with teary eyes - came to her own conclusion, "so Jehovah picked me . . . " . We introduced prayer. I prayed in PJ. My partners also demo'd a prayer, one in Tagalog and one in English, and then both kids, "can I try, can I say one, pleeaassseee! ?" So they said one each and brought us to tears: "Thank you Jehovah for sending Sukhi-massi, ate France and ate Sarah to teach us who you are." (ate pronounced a.teh means Didi - means older sister). It was a priceless moment. Unforgettable. France and Sarah both were feeling sick that day with sore throats. Our day began 9:30am and we got home at 9pm that day. Thoroughly Exhausted! And loved every second of it.
PICTURES BELOW:
Laughing about not being able to live in Space. We would explode like sphagetti in the microwave! (totally gross, we know, that's why they are laughing)
Listening with ALL their heart
Fighting over whose turn to read
Mum is in the background. She also had a study after the kids were done. She laughed, " I will study too if these kids will ever let me! "




No comments:
Post a Comment