Monday, April 8, 2013

Memorial and Monica

28 Studies attended the Memorial.  We are 25 publishers so . . .  (see below)


 . . . for this reason I am asking the bible studies if they can help the newer bible studies to locate scriptures.  That is Reetu in the middle and the girl facing the camera is her little sister Monica!!

Monica's first comment at the Monthly PJ Public Talk/WT.  Reetu, plays her role as the "big" didi (sister) a little too well.  The week before this meeting she warned Monica that the WT conductor will just randomly pick anyone for answers. "So be ready!"  Don't worry, I calmed Monica down.  But for this meeting Monica had prepared herself to answer, however, this time, Reetu told her, "unfortunately you can't answer now because you did not register your information with the WT conductor!"  Ahhhhh!  Aren't Big sisters fun!  Ask Kamal . um . . .actually, don't . . .  
******************************************************************************
"I say 3 prayers every day", 13 year old Sandeep said, "one to guru Nanak, one to Mata (hindu?) and one to Jesus."  Jesus vs Jehovah confusion is rampant even with PJ kids in this country due to the PI being a Catholic country and most all schools are Christian schools.  (did you know the PI has the highest # of Christians in SE Asia?) So we discussed in details the difference, and we think she got it.  On our 2nd return visit, Sandeep goes on to tell us with joy, "Sukhi Massi, I said 4 prayers every day this week!"  -silence - no reaction -  I am afraid to ask -  "One to guru Nanak, one to Mata, one to Jesus and one to Jehovah, but! I pray to Jehovah first because you showed us in the bible that He is the highest." So, work in progress.  She moved to India this week so we shall Skype study if they have internet set up. 
Someone asked if we could post examples of some questions  that we use with the brochure.  Basically the questions are the same ones in the reasoning book or in the KM.  With a slight twist we might at times,  "indian-ize" them to fit PJ thinking.  There are many, but one favourite is, "who did Jesus pray to?  The only One who does not pray is God, do you agree?  So if Jesus prayed, who did he pray to?"  They usually answer "god."  Then, "this God is called a creator. He gave us breath.  His name, let me show you . . . "  It's fun to try and explain the difference between Creator and Creation.  This week witnessed to Reetu's aunt.  Also hoping Monica will start to study but Dad is still not interested. . . .for now .   .  . met an indian (hindi speaking) nun, hmmmm, . . .ok, anyway, Indians don't think I'm indian, anyway, it is HOTTER than hades here!!!!!   and I need a break!  Anyway . . . .
 

No comments:

Post a Comment