Monday, June 3, 2013

Tests and Trials

Preaching to a Swami-ji (Punjabi yoga guru) at the immigration
office
 * “I think Jehovah is no longer with us “- Monica said to Reetu about 10:30pm ish, due to family opposition.  About 11pm she received a text message from a school friend: “Don’t mistake God’s patience for his absence. His timing is perfect  . . . He is always with you. “ They both felt Jehovah was listening to them (like in Malachi 3:16) and that He was trying to tell them something.
*”I prayed to God that it would not rain”: -   because if it did rain, Reetu’s aunt’s area floods and we can not walk or drive.  Reetu’s aunt believes her prayer was answered because we met at a restaurant at 3pm, studied till 4:30pm and as soon as she had barely entered her home, it poured buckets! And flooding did occur.  She called me to tell me that Jehovah heard her prayer.
*Did God take my Mum?:  -   A potential new study – RV asked. Her mum and uncle died on the same day 4 years ago.  She is a 24 yr-old-newly wed now and she asked with tears in her eyes, “ ‘they’ said that in my previous life I sinned doubly which is why god took 2 relatives from me in one day, but now ‘they’ tell me that because I did “mohtee daan” (pearl/gems works) , good works in my previous life, god has blessed me with such a nice husband.    It makes no sense.“ - Silence- She stares at the table and then looks up at me with teary eyes, “why did god take my mum?”  We were all in tears. When I told her that I was told the same stuff she asked, “did you believe everything ‘they’ would tell you?”  Left her some food for thought and plan to study next Saturday.
*New Missionaries -  are very fun.  We gave them a welcome party.  Great sense of humour. And it’s just fantastic to hear my old accent again. Maybe I can get it back.
Mini Lizard on my leg! – not on my skirt! On MY knee -MY raw skin!!!! In the Bethel parking lot (off course)  we parked the car under a tree, and next to us are the lunch tables where about 100 bethelites/friends are eating.  It must have fell from the tree – I can only describe it as a black mini lizard/gecko?? looking thing. I am wearing a white skirt, so it shows up even more right?  As I get out I see it, frantically and nuisance-ally I scream and shriek and yell at the sister, “look under my skirt, look under my skirt!!!! “ as I raise my skirt high as modesty would allow.   As of this day (it was last night), I don’t know where it went. But not one of the 100 peeps sitting at bethel raised an eyebrow or came to help me -  . . . and they call me the crazy one . . . 

No comments:

Post a Comment