Monday, November 18, 2013

Battle Of The gods BeGiNs . . . (G.Nanaks b-day in Baesa)

Pls see blog post dated Oct.5th, "DVD Walk By Faith Not By Sight," to feel the full appreciation of this blog entry.  It's a wow one! 
God's Word truly is alive and exerts power and boy did we see that in action this week.  Showing that movie to the studies in Baesa (name of a subdivision [aka poopville in previous entries]  near Quezon City- 45 min drive but only 20 min by motorcycle. . . ugh!) produced some lingering affects unseen to human eyes.  For example, 

***one week later, Mandeep said, "Wait, wait, I have a question, that movie showed that some of Jah's people died.  And me -  (pause)  I am not going to meetings.  It is hard for me to go. When Armageddon comes will Jehovah understand that?  Will he understand why I could not attend or will I die like the weak ones in that movie? How does Jah feel about me not going?"  (me: quick silent "Nehemiah pray")We tactfully discussed that none of us can truly say, individually, who will die and who will survive,  we can't even say that just being a JW means survival. However we can see past biblical examples of how Jah treated ones such as, Satan = disobedient. Adam and Eve= Disobedient.  Noah= Obedient. Jesus= Obedient etc. So the question to ask ourselves is, "Am I being obedient to Jah's requirements."  Suggested she not answer that question today, but prayerfully discuss this matter with Jah.  

***Last week: Using Lesson 5 point 5 Good News Brochure we invited all the Baesa studies to attend PJ meeting. Since they usually give us "no, next time," excuses month after month, I expected the same but especially today since Saturday/Sunday after midnight it's guru Nanak's birthday (??) and many plan to go to temple about 2:30am to do a matha-tek (bowing down).  PJ meeting is Sat. 5:30pm.   
  • Skeptical me: "So it's PJ meeting this week if you would like to attend. . . blah blah blah "
  • Seema: "Yes, I need to start going. What time shall I be ready?"  (me: really? did really just now say yes?) 
  • Mandeep (above): "Yes.  I promise. Let's go! I will be ready, pakka pakka pakka! The end is getting close, I can feel it." (holy wow!)
  • Baljit: "Yes, we will go and Henry(son) said this time he wants to come too." (my inner voice: what on earth is going on here . . .Jehovah, this must be your doing!) 
  • Gita/Manjeet and kids: "Yes, we will go too." 
  • Parveen (in the Oct.15 WT): She was not home.  Man! But hours later, on our way home we bumped into her. . . .hmmm "Ok, I will try to be ready." 
  • Gurav and Priya (children of other studies): "Didi, when is the next PJ meeting, can I go with you?" 
  • Lucky (super uninterested teen related to the studies), "ummm, 50/50 maybe." 
So we estimate 10+ including kids. But who will pick them up???? Taxi's cost too much.  We don't have a license let alone a car, but even we did own a car, we need a bus! Help! 
********************
Side note: Parveen is the lady in the Oct.15th WT. She has been a bit flaky lately but her discouragement comes from the fact that the many studying in Baesa also attend temples, worship idols, and she feels this is hypocritical, "why do they even study the Bible?. . . you will never get these Baesa folks to attend meetings, if they did, then I could go too, but, I don't see that ever happening."   (Comment she made a year ago.  See slide show)
********************
Well, did, no wait, How did Jehovah provide a way?  
********************
See 2 min slide show. 



















No comments:

Post a Comment