Monday, November 24, 2014

Search Work - a change of ministry

Our bible study count as a group has dropped significantly this year.  Including myself, we've ended some studies. So it's been a great opportunity to do search-work, aka. canvas.  I had forgotten what it's like to do territory - as a Punjabi former Sikh, boy do I "get it" from them  - a sort of curious thrashing, but it's all good.  Despite the miles and miles of walking and instant sweating sunburn, we have had the most interesting conversations - so I am to call back and answer such questions as:  "why did you choose to preach the Bible rather than the GGS?"  "Is there something in the GGS that is a lie? Is that why you are not preaching about "it?"  "Why did you pick the Bible?"  "What's the difference between the Bible and the GGS?"  "Where did the devs (gods-goddesses) come from?"  Phew - I gotta get on the defense a bit, but might try a bit of counter-defense. . . .Will see what I find as I prep.  I totally have this urge to try a PJ version of  how to explain the Year 1914: A Conversation With a Neighbour:  Shall I?  Just for the fun of it. .  .    

Brother Sanderson is our guest speaker at RC next week. We had the privilege of serving him an Indian dinner.  He had some nice words of encouragement for us in foreign language.  And spoke highly of the work in India  - how a large door seems to be opening up "WIDE."  Yeah. . . don't even. . . I got all the teasing already on that one. . .I'm not even gonna think about it . . .

REALLY?  1st time I "ever" saw one of these.  we were just wondering how they plan to fit the millions of jaywalkers just in our city yet alone Metro Manila -  yeah, millions!

 IF YOU HATE SNAKES DO NOT SCROLL DOWN!



 *******************************************************************************
********************************************************************************


This was found not too far from our neighbourhood near a river. Yeah, totally freaky!  The sister in our group lives around here. This is the 3rd one they found. The last one, about 2 months ago, was fatter and swollen, so the guys cut him up and found a "freshly dead" chicken.  Guess what they did?  Yep, cooked it and ate it. Practical eh?  "Double dead" is the term used for that kind of dead animal . . .killed twice. . . 

No comments:

Post a Comment