Monday, January 5, 2015

A Special Touch - an answer to a 20 yr old prayer

Sometimes we ask Jehovah for something and He gives it as a gift - perhaps wrapped, and exactly what we asked for.  But then there are those unique times when He may choose to wrap the gift AND maybe even add  a bow and ribbon, a special touch.

25 yrs ago, I use to go by Sue and not Sukhi due to my rebellious anti-indian-root-days. During those dark years as I started to learn the Truth, relationships with family members also ended, partly because of my rebelliousness and partly due to my conversion.    About 20 yrs ago, I asked Jehovah, if ever, could I-ever, would I-ever be able to explain those years and have a chance to tell that side of the family The Truth?   

Ok - so let's fast forward 20 yrs later to the present.    

3 weeks ago I received an email from, what looked like, my cousin Sonia who said she would be stopping in Manila for 2 days on her way to Boracay.  I was like, "No!- Stinking!- Way!" (I said it just like that, out loud, with capitals and pauses) 

I remembered.  
I remembered my prayer but I don't recall asking to do that in The PI!  hmmmm.  Is that a special touch?  Bethel is just down the street . . . That is a special touch!   If only we could take a Bethel tour and have lunch at Bethel.  But kids's are off school, busiest time of year - and yes, all lunch tickets are booked. As the brother at Bethel put it, "it's very unlikely, but we will wait for cancellations."      :-(    

Bad news - 7 days before my cousins arrival I hurt my back (don't worry - it's healing) and was floor-ridden that whole week. Will I be up on my feet by Friday?  

Thursday received email from Bethel, we got in for lunch! Another special touch.   

And yes, Friday I was able to take the tour with my cousin Sonia  - 
     **************************************************************

She took the tour, had lunch, met many of the friends, and after seeing non Indians reading and speaking PJ she decided, "I gotta learn how to read Punjabi!".  

The following day Sonia emailed, "Thank you for sharing your world with me." 




No comments:

Post a Comment