Monday, August 17, 2015

COV - double simultaneous interpreting or translating?!


We had COV (CO visit) this week and the CO wanted the Public Talk to be simultaneously interpreted.  Problem was, I don't understand Tagalog, and the Tagalog speaking PJ learners couldn't.
So . . .
The Solution?


Lotlot is listening to the Tagalog talk and pointing to the english manuscript so I can follow along in PJ. 
It wasn't as smooth as we had hoped
but it worked.  The good thing, hardly
anyone showed up . . .

Joke lang - others did show up later. 

For the CO's concluding talk, I did 1-on-1
for the studies- do you see Christine sitting
on my other side?  She is translating from Tagalog
to English in my ear, and then I am whispering, loud whispering
from English to Punjabi- man!
it was exhausting!
But worth it. 

Our CO.
 2 of the 3 PJ men had back issues.
So like the Apostle Paul he became all things
to people of all sorts. 

So guess whose attending SKE currently?
Do you recognize the Grimms from Germany?
Yeah, that's them. I joined them for lunch at Bethel.
They are in the next class, and
we are sooooooo  hoping they are assigned with us to
Paranaque, but our hopes may be crashed because
there such a PJ need in other areas.
So let's see what Jehovah's will is.
They graduate Sept. 20th.
It has been said that we can change
Jehovah's mind by many prayers, so guys . .  come on!


No comments:

Post a Comment