Friday, February 5, 2016

Detention Center "Mutiny?"

  A very interesting turn of events at the Immigration Detention Center.  Out of the 9+? PJ men held there, we've spoken to all of them but one -I call him The Starer - at least once, offering a BS.    One started to study regularly for 4 weeks, despite the mocking and verbal abuse he had to take for talking to me - a convert - an unforgivable sin they tell him as they light their 10th cigarette and try to secretly make home made alcohol. 
  Sadly last week he returned his copy of My Book of BS and said he would no longer come to the visiting center to study with us (it's an open area where all the detainees can see us) because, "They won't stop," he said, "These are a different sort of bad people and you don't know what they are capable of.  They even mock me when I read the Granth Sahib on my cell phone."  So it's a sort of "mutiny" against me. . .  
  So I thought my job was done, but then suddenly a Muslim man, who doesn't even befriend his inmates said he would like to read the Bible in Arabic. We returned with the downloaded version, and a copy of the BH teach. He studied with us, and then we saw him sitting in the courtyard amongst the other inmates - Guess who should come and sit next to him and mock him?  Yep - 1 of the PJ men saw him reading the BH book and came and sat right next to him - We could see the PJ man pointing and mockingly laughing.  The interested man kept his composure. He doesn't talk to any of the inmates anyway and walked off. Later we saw him walking around with the book in his hand.  It remains to be seen what Jehovah's will is in this unique form of witnessing. 

Funny picture below of a sign on the back of a Jeepney. 
I thought it was a joke but no it's for real. 
1 + 1 = 3 proves the Trinity!  A scripture is quoted alongside, Matthew 18 I think v20.  I was amused. 

    

No comments:

Post a Comment