Sadly I have to stop going to Prison Witnessing for now. The cigarette smoke got to me - slightly coughing led to no voice/Laryngitis which led to an ear affection which I poked and made much worse which led to 10 day antibiotics and no service for about 13 days!
You who know me know I love Mexican food - am a Chai-addict and love to preach.
So this get well card was a keeper.
But some amazing things happened. Remember that PJ guy at the prison who quit studying? He spoke to my service partner and exchanged phone numbers because he is getting out soon and wants to be visited at his home! Can you imagine if that really happened?! OH man. Let's pray that that was the person Jehovah was drawing and getting sick over that was worth it! (My lungs have not been the same since.)
And! On my 3rd visit to my ENT doctor - we got over the protocol stuff - how are are? how's the throat? how's the ear? blah blah blahing for about 2 min - Then he says, "OK! Is there anything else you need to tell me because I need to ask you something!" I'm like thinking - (Nehemiah quick prayer)Oh nooooo, here we go. Dude, I have a boyfriend. No I can't date you. Ummmm, no I uh um . . (This does happen). He blurts out: "Do you support gay marriage?!) Phew - sigh of relief.
So a fantastic conversation ensued thanks to Manny Pacquiao. I was unaware that the day before the news had reported -
"Pacquiao said in an interview earlier this week. “Have you seen any animal having male-to-male or female-to-female relations?” Animals, he said, were better because they recognize gender differences, and “if you have male-to-male or female-to-female [relationships], then people people are worse are worse than animals.”
http://www.theguardian.com/sport/2016/feb/18/manny-pacquiao-says-people-alarmed-by-the-truth-about-gay-marriage)
Showed him the Bible's view. The Dr. agreed with the Bible since Genesis 1:28 talks about populating the earth. I explained that we do not look down on gays and study the Bible with all sorts of people living in sin. (1 Cor. 6:9-11)
Blood transfusions came up.
And then he said something I will never forget, ever, I think: "When Moses wrote the Bible, God had to be there! Moses did not know about bacteria and germs. He was waaaayyyy ahead of his time. There is no way he knew what he was writing about because it agrees with modern science. What Moses wrote in the Bible is evidence that there is a God! Only God could have known what Moses knew because back then nobody knew about these things!" Only in a Christian country where the Bible is respected can we have conversations like this in the medical field. He is on my magazine route now - whenever a medical article comes out, I can just pop in. The clinic is walking distance from home.
It was great! He told me that it was OK for me to start preaching now, "And you've already started with me - I'm your 1st student."
![]() |
| This was me for the last 13 days. Read and read and read. The yearbook, KR book, new RC release. I enjoyed it. |
I miss books, the feel of them, the smell, holding one, but even I've gone over to the world of tablet reading. 


No comments:
Post a Comment