Friday, April 8, 2016

Silang - Unofficial but progress

Last week, the Grimms and us attended one of the reading classes. 
 125 potential learners attended. Note: this figure does not reflect those who would actually leave their congregation to join a possible future PJ pre group. (Nothing is official yet)  
These 125 are mostly those who have PJ calls and would like to learn a bit to assist them in the ministry. Who of these would seriously become part of a PJ pre group if ever there was one approved by the Branch?  We will have to wait for time to tell us. But yeah, it's still exciting and we are eager to see what Jehovah's will is. 

This is me (in case you couldn't tell ;-} ) doing the, Gauri-in-an-indian-suit, version of ਕ ਖ ਗ ਘ (mouth position must not move) - ਚ ਛ ਜ ਝ (mouth position must not move) ਟ ਠ ਡ ਢ (mouth position must not move) alphabet review.  I tried to use the Tagalog word, "kita" vs kit-kat, to explain the difference between ਕ and ਖ but I think I made it worse. Better to stick with what I know - which I'm not sure what that is anymore - English T vs California T, vs Indian T, vs Tagalog T!!!! Anyways, I hope we are all speaking one language soon.  

This was so cute: The overseer drew the ਕ-line tongue position - the ਚ-line tongue position - the ਟ-line tongue position etc.  We didnt' even know he had prepared this! Cuz see below what happens next. . .

Exam time - what!? Yeah, that's what we said. 

We are so impressed.  

Benjamin gave an encouraging talk about the PJ field and learning a foreign language. 

Followed by interviews. These are all either current or pre QC PJ cong. pubs. Including the interviewer.
His wife is the one in the dark purple PJ suit. 

No comments:

Post a Comment