Friday, July 14, 2017

The BIGGEST OFFENSE EVER!

So I totally offended my favourite students family.  
Unwittingly off course. 
THIS IS TOO HORRIBLE even for me.  
UGH! How could I have been so stew-pid! 

Disclaimer: I'm not posting the final picture of this occurrence but I can show it to you in person if I see you.  

A friend wanted to give to Ansh and family a family worship project they were done with.  A TRUE-TO-SIZE jigsaw puzzle of Goliath. So awesome diba?   

Tons of 8 X 11  printouts that are to be taped to a wall. 
Ansh was way excited and Monica said we could use any wall in the house.  That was the problem, their walls were not large enough.  Finally, with the parents permission, we agreed on a wall at the top of their stairs. 

You get the idea....see below. 

   

It's now 9pm, it's been over an hour and all we've completed is the head and shoulders.  It looks pretty amazing but we decide to finish it next week.  

Meanwhile some relatives are visiting and come upstairs to see what all the fuss is about.  

Offensiveness is truly in the eye of the beholder. 
All we saw was this.  


Totally rocks right?  
However, what the relatives saw was what you can't see in this photo,  [but I can show you in person] - On the right wall, where Goliath's javelin's tip is aimed are Ansh's Dad's idols! 
Yeah. NOT GOOD. 
And none of us noticed it until the relatives said, "He's killing our gods!" 
My heart sunk to the bottom of my stomach as I stepped back, and looked, and was like ...what ...da... Me! of all people, I am the one who tells all the local publishers never to speak negatively about Sikh/Hindu religion! 

Of course we explained. And Monica understood. But I am sure some damage was done. 

The Moral Of The Story: 
Step back and look at the big picture - literally. 

**** **** **** **** **** **** **** **** **** **** 

So cute.  This is a new study.  Their kids invited their cousins to join their bible study. 







No comments:

Post a Comment