Kistmet - Destiny
IMO, one of the Deepest Strongly Entrenched Things to Unteach.
[In the PJ BH book Chapter 11 para.6 , there is a statement that does not appear in the English BH book. It's a PJ idiom.
"ਕਿਉਂਕਿ ਉਹ ਇਹ ਯਕੀਨ ਕਰਦੇ ਹਨ ਕਿ ਰੱਬ ਦੀ ਮਰਜ਼ੀ ਬਿਨਾਂ ਤਾਂ ਇਕ ਪੱਤਾ ਵੀ ਨਹੀਂ ਹਿਲਦਾi।"
[Because they believe a leaf does not move without God allowing it.]
This is a hardcore Indian belief.
And after 2 years in our PQ territory , the studies still say, "Well, whatever 'he' has written.'" Drives me nuts because I have covered this loads of times.
So I tried an interactive lesson with those who have been studying a while.
"ਮੰਨਲੋ ਤੁਸੀਂ ਰੱਬ ਹੋ." "Pretend you [the student] are god."
Write! And I give them my tablet.
Let's write your child's kismet.
Name? #1? #2 ? #3? and so forth. I ended up typing and they spoke.
Of the 6 who did this [example below] , none of them would "write" when their child could get the flu, a sore throat, a broken finger, or even a scratch!
And every single one in conclusion said the same thing: "OK OK, I get it, you say there is no kismet, fine, but then who? Who causes the bad?"
That discussion will follow.
One of our classmates in SKE who serves in a province [country-ish area] sent us this photo from their territory.
They caught it and had dinner. UGH!
| It's not a common sight [a 1st for me] to see a Mum spending quality time with her child especially teaching him something. I love it that she does this. |


No comments:
Post a Comment