Friday, September 1, 2017

YPA Worksheets


Despite being unavailable in PJ, can these worksheets help PJ's? 
I didn't think so until yesterday.  

A Bible student asked if reading the Bible is ਪਾਠ [prayer] - I explained what prayer is and then showed her this worksheet - Even though she can't understand English, she could read the words, "three things...thankful....", she got it, "three things...distress," she got it..."three people...difficult", she got it.  

Last week, my partner's sister joined us on this specific bible study, and saw the student sobbing in my my arms because a relative in India is dying.  The sister, 21 years old, didn't understand a word but could see the woman's anguish.   

Later that week, this young sister filled out this YPA worksheet, and named Anita [the bible student] as number 1. When I told this to Anita, she covered her face with both her hands and tears started to flow. I was not expecting that. 

Anita relates:  "In our community, if something bad happens to our relatives, we think, 'serves him right,' we are happy,  ... I have no friends...I talk to no one...I look forward to our Thursdays when I can share my feelings a bit.... and to think, that young girl who doesn't even know me or understand what we were saying, saw my pain, and added ME in her prayers...this is unheard of...no one does that...we don't pray for each other, just for ourselves - I just can't believe she prayed for me ....that never happens in this world." More tears. 

That young sister, not even in the PJ group touched the bible students heart in a way that I never have, and this after 8 months of studying.  From the mouth of babes...proof, it's not language but heart that counts. 


No comments:

Post a Comment