Monday, April 2, 2018

Preaching in Cavite vs QC vs PQ


It's so different. Harder.  
I remember the days when PJs would open their doors wide along with smiles, curiosity, hugs and chai-da-cups . . .cupS, plural, yeah some days we counted 4-5 cups of chai and had to say no to the rest. The sensational "reetu" or "jagdish" experiences. . .oh how I miss it.  

These days we are happy if we are even offered a cup of water. 

The 1st thing, I mean the FIRST thing we have to clear up with the PJs in Cavite is that we are not NOT not from the Church!  We don't wear crosses. We don't celebrate pasco (xmas).  We don't worship Jesus. Asi church vale lokha toh BAHUT different he. And then show them a paragraph or 2 from this. 
See below. 
{Thanks to the garbage on whatsapp and FB, I find I need to repeat this process in a few months with the same householder!} 
   





I did this 5 months ago when I met the PJs for the very 1st time.  

This week I did it again as a review with the same individuals and now that the PJs actually trust and believe me, they are starting to open up honestly.  

Every single person I talked to this week admitted they had a relative, a neighbour, a friend in their pind in Punjab that recently had converted to Christianity due to the financial rewards. According to them, monthly allowances, schooling for kids, papers to go abroad etc.  And they admitted that when they first met us they did not believe that JWs were different despite being shown the articles above.  And they openly acknowledge that the conversions will only last as long as the money lasts. Once the money stops, those converts will return to Sikhism. "Their heart is still Sikh,"  they say. Ain't that the truth! 
***********************************

So I googled and found some interesting articles from 2012 till now. {see below} 
I had never heard of the "Ghar Wapsi" programme. {below below}





 Needless to say, the ministry is quite challenging for me personally.  Not boring ,but man, I wish there was another Indian here with me.  

I feel like a child in this new assignment. Jehovah is teaching me so much. 

More gems next week. 




No comments:

Post a Comment