Monday, January 9, 2012

January 9, 2012



“Sujata didi!  Sukhi didi!  When are you coming back?  I will wait for you.”  Meet Sukha the 10-year-old blind (from birth) and mentally retarded boy who wants to have his own bible study.  So far we have conducted 2 studies and 2 points only each week.  Last week we tried the “Helen keller” approach of writing on his hand. It seemed to help him retain better.  Any suggestions?  He is just at the beginning stages of learning the English alphabet in Braille.  For 12 year old Harjeet the truth is becoming real. (He and his mum attended a Tagalog meeting a few blogs back).  His parents discuss the truth with him every night before they go to bed. One night while discussing the resurrection, he told his mum, “If you die before Armageddon, please don’t forget who I am when you come back!”  One lady asked if someone dies before Armageddon, but then the dead person’s family dies at Armageddon, when that dead person comes back to life, who will he return to?  Most common question – meat, comes up a lot.  Another one asked us to pray desperately to Jehovah to let his Kingdom come quickly, “even if I have to die,” she said, “just come quickly.”  Well, her name is Sukhi too, so I told her teacher to be sure that when she says that prayer, to please mention which Sukhi it is J (wouldn’t want to mix up the Sukhi’s you know . . .)and this PJ NWT, wow innit?  Man! I can’t keep up with 2 of my studies. They are in the book of John, (I’m still in Matthew L ), and every week have the scriptures they did not understand highlighted – i.e. when this woman poured oil on Jesus’ head, was this appropriate?    -- What does it mean to throw your pearls before swine?  -  What does it mean here when it says the moon will be darkened, sun not give its light, stars fall . . .?  (Oh man! ) – Who was the man in the cave where Jesus’ dead body was placed?  Was it Jesus? – And my all time favourite , “ I was excitedly reading book of Mark where Jesus died and the next day the 2 women went to his grave, and I couldn’t wait to see what happened  next, and then IT END’s, I thought, ਹਾਏ ਰੱਬਾ, ਲੈ! ਇਹ ਕੀਆ?  OMG, what is this?  Why did they do this, what kind of story is this that they get you all excited and then they leave you hanging!” We explained that she needs to read Matthew, Luke and John to get the ending.  Another one asked about John 1:1 (from the Appendix).   So I need to hurry and read this PJ Bible to keep up with these guys . . .Weather has been really nice and cool, Haywardish but not for long.  800+ firework injuries during New Year celebrations – this is normal I’ve been told. One studies husband lost the tip of his middle finger.  But no worries he tells me, it’s normal. ok then . . .

No comments:

Post a Comment