Intense ministry these past 2 weeks. 3 separate studies made almost the same statement as one another ; “Now that I pray to Jehovah, ‘have I betrayed guru nanak?’ ‘will my mata (goddess) punish me?’ ‘Am I a traitor?’”. And yesterday, while I am praying to Jehovah for the wisdom of a perfect non-offensive/non-negative reply, the study continues to tell me, “but you know what didi, I don’t think I am hurting any of the guru’s, because they themselves had said to pray to the One God, not themselves, and am I not just doing what they asked us to do, so really, I am not hurting them, I am actually obeying them hehnah?” Exactly! debah? That was just what I was about to say. So here is what I find amazing, perhaps even miraculous, these guys have only been studying 8-10 months. We are NOT even in the Bh book yet. We are just finishing the Listen To God brochure. That brochure is “selling” like hot cakes, well, in this case, garam-garam-fresh-aloo-vahleh-parathas with mango achar/butter and chai (it’s the best!). Half way thru the brochure, some are already praying to Jehovah. Also, yesterday on the way home, “The Opposer” (adamant Sikh lady who was publically rude to us and use to interrupt our preaching work a few times) did a full 180 turn! She said, “I need someone to study with my 2 boys (10, 15),” and she begged, “twice a week, I don’t care if it’s late at night, we will feed you dinner, please send someone before you go home!” So key-hoyah see? Her kids are turning worldly and she knows that we teach good moral. And then with heartfelt sincerity and tears in her eyes she asked if I could come with the brothers to get the study started. Wow eh? Better than a Nicholas Sparks movie. Now I’m coming home in 10 days and am trying to just prepare the studies to continue studying while I am gone, but instead, we are getting a waiting-list of new studies! This scripture, “Yes, the harvest is great, but the workers are few.” BEG! (Emphasis on this part please: BEG!) “ . . .send out workers into his harvest,” takes on a whole new meaning nowadays. So needless to say, although I can’t wait to be back in the States, (super-duper excited actually) I think my heart belongs here. Not sure yet. But let’s see if I miss the Philippines. The weather is getting stinking hot. The hottest months are April till about May and then the monsoons begin. One Bethelite couple from here has been invited to attend Gilead at Patterson. They fly out the same day as me. Last month our PJ group of 27 reported 105 studies! That number does not include 15 other studies who were absent or visiting India. Like I said, “BEG!”
| It is very hot. Need the air-con to be on while drinking coffee. |
No comments:
Post a Comment