GOOD TIMES, GOOD MEMORIES
| one of the many reasons I need to come back |
| Another reason to come back. Studying 4 months and knows it is the truth. "I want to do this". |
| Drawing of my young study and me. Note: I am a giant. And due to short hair I got one strand. |
A bitter-sweet feeling this past week. I am falling in love with my bible studies as I see them try this new-foreign thing called ਦਿਲੋ –(heart) prayer to Jehovah. So stinking cute. One study wanted to give me an example of how she does it and like a little kid she introduces herself 1st and showing me she says, “ok, ok, look, this is what I do, I say, hello, Jehovah, this is Mandeep,” we laughed at the fact that there are 1,000’s of PJ Mandeeps, and maybe she should tell him that she is the one in Metro Manila, Philippines, but, “ਲੈ!” she says, off course Jehovah already knows that . . .cute! And another one: the bros w/me asked this student, “do you believe what you are learning is the truth?” and getting offended she responded, “why, do you doubt my faith?” But then she went on to explain that in the beginning she never believed, but now she does. So my heart does ache for them but I am ridiculously excited about visiting home again. It’s the longest I have ever been away! Fears? Yes. Will I miss the Philippines ( I hope so), or will I want to NOT return? Should I sell everything? My car? Yes. My furniture? Yes. Jesse’s dhol? NO! (NH-pls note), but what about my super cute red microwave that matches the red toaster-oven, that matches the red-chopper AND what! . . . about . . My brand new Punjabi suits that still smell new that I never ever worn that are living in a huge suitcase in someone else’s house’s garage? Ugh! This causes me turmoil. I always thought I was not attached to “stuff,” but I am learning that getting rid of material things is not just about getting rid of stuff, but it’s a past full of memories, so if you’re a sentimental person (like me) . . . anyway, I will meditate on the story of “The Pearl Necklace” some more. We will be having a Punjabi Memorial. Actually it will be in Tagalog and Hilary will be the PJ translator! Now that’s! a first. After showing the invite to one study, I asked her how she viewed Jesus; as a baby, a dying man or like this (just pointed to the 3rd picture)? She gave it a lot of thought, and then answered, “well, he is not a baby, and he is not a dead man, and nor is he an old man because after he was resurrected, he did not grow old so he is neither one of these pictures!” It was hard to not laugh. My 5 day countdown is on. What am I looking forward to? Being cold and sleeping under a cover; fresh clean air; walking in nature without having to cover my nose; Madison; friends; safe salads; driving. See y’all in a few days.
No comments:
Post a Comment