Friday, February 15, 2013

Sbarro Experience from October 2011 ( see pictures March 22nd 2012 blog)

The girl on last weeks blog, the 2BCE one, we met in October of 2011 at a Sbarro restaurant in the mall. It was not a good day for me. I had hit exhaustion and did not want to preach. I did not want to talk (yeah yeah, I know, that's a 1st, but not funny). Burnout! So my-very-overly-zealous-always-preaching-partner and I sat down to eat but she spots in the far side of the restaurant, what she thinks, is a punjabi girl. I turn around to look and tell her no, she is Philippino, hoping I am correct. ( I know, it's terrible of me, but, man, I am so so so so stinking tired). As I had hoped would NOT happen, my-very-overly-zealous-always-preaching-partner got up, walked over, to meet her and preach to her in her limited PJ vocab. I turned around and saw her hysterically pointing over to me, so to be polite and nice, yes, I did the right thing, I waved, smiled, and, yes you got it, went back to eating my pizza, silently praying, 'pls don't bring her over her, pls don't, pls don't, pls don't be PJ." (don't judge me!). As I indulge my nice warm toasty pizza, enjoying my moment-of-nothingness, here comes my-very-overly-zealous-always-preaching-partner CARRYING A PURSE NOT HERS!!!, NOOOOOO!! can it be? did she bring her too?? Pls say she didn't! OH . . . MY . . . GOODNESS. My-very-overly-zealous-always-preaching-partner sits down in front of me and yells, "this is Sukhi, she is punjabi"and right then this beautiful not Philippino as I had hoped, but Punjabi girl sits down right next to me. I hesitantly introduce myself and then glare at my-very-overly-zealous-always-preaching-partner. So, now I must preach to her, so I decide to get it over with quickly. Whip out the Listen To God Brochure. Give her a quick run down of what we preach regarding the future paradise. Show her the pictures. I wait for her response expecting her to not believe it. She says, "I want this. What do I need to do to live forever?" Her response melts my heart. I am moved to tears. The last time someone accepted the truth as the truth in less than 2 minutes was 22 years ago and that person was me. A Sobering experience. Never pre-judge when preaching was the lesson I learned that day. After reading John 6:44 she comes to her own conclusion, "this happened to me today,God found me." Yes, Jah used my-very-overly-zealous-always-preaching-partner. Today this study tells me that she never understood one word of what my partner said. And just this week her questions included, "tell me, who is the woman in genesis 3:15?. . . .why did Jah tell Abraham to get circumcised, was Sarah circumcised? Lots daughters - why did Jah allow them to have intercourse with their father?" and the list goes on . . . she is doing amazing. I have met my match!!! Love it. Love her. She has been studying behind her parents back, but this week her mum came over with personal Sikh questions about my background. We will meet her mum for the 3rd visit next week. I am so excited I can't stand it! 😃
.
BELOW PICTURES
A study teaching me to make roti. Mum would be so proud.
Hilary mastering the art of making cookies using out toaster oven. . . taste like crumpets, yummy!



No comments:

Post a Comment