Monday, July 15, 2013

Let Me Ask YOU a Q: As one student to another student

Mandeep in red 

Seema in pink:
*”Do you mind if I ask a question?”   Not  to me, but Mandeep (studying 2 yrs) wanted to ask Seema (studying 1 yr).  These 2 are neighbors and best friends and they study together.  One of the most interesting discussions I have ever heard between 2 PJ Hindus. The trigger was that there is no such thing as a “mother-of-god,” since Jehovah has no birth, and we all agreed and it all made sense.  M (Mandeep) to me: excuse me, may I ask question to her? ---M to S (Seema): don’t mind me, please, I just want to say what is in my heart.  So don’t mind ok?  Do you believe that Jehovah is the true God?  --- S:  yes, I do believe---M:  Do you still believe in the mata’s, (goddesses) or fear them? ---S: Well, ah, wait, let me explain.  Let me say what is in my heart now (sisterly-argumentive-joke-ative tone).   I do believe!  . . .what I have learnt,  . . .the paradise . . .I believe this (as she touches the bible), but if I don’t follow the traditions, then my religious elders will no longer except me and you know how I will be treated so I am not ready to change yet, I want to do both, learn about Jehovah and when I am ready . . . ----M to S:  “you know what ‘our’ book says about how one god bowed to another god, and that god to another god, they would always incarnate into a different god and bow to the one they needed help from . . .they are always praying, why would a god pray?  (ridiculous tone!) but as we just discussed, Jehovah has no birth.  Jehovah bows to no one! So now what?  - - - S and M chatting amongst each other (I think they forgot we were even there) : we are afraid of them (mata’s), if we fail to worship them, they will punish/threaten us. . .yeah, I am afraid of them . . . .”  . They even agreed that ‘their book’ does not contain the truth – and then shook on it.  Like a private agreement that they both agreed to this point.  Wow! 

No comments:

Post a Comment