Monday, July 8, 2013

You changed my wife!


PJ Public Talk:  The CO movie about the NWT releases around the
world in various languages was shown
with Hindi dubbing.  
(note: That kid can't read a word)  

*You have changed my wife, Thank you!  I have never heard a husband say that  - very touching.  We visited his wife Thursday, and none of us knew she had been depressed.  (she studies periodically).  Then she asked about my background and I gave her my whole “sob” story from 19 yrs old to divorce- to  single mum by age 22  story (this is my trick to bring up reincarnation without attacking that belief) and, “then my family/friends all told me, ‘you sinned in a previous life, that is why you are being punished. This is your kismet (destiny).” Went on to explain how upsetting it was to hear that “god” is not just punishing me, but my 4 month old son too! This made me question god.  Esp the teaching of reincarnation.  Thus began my search of the reincarnation teaching began;  who said it, who claimed it, is there proof?” and the PJ woman quickly interrupts, “so what did you find out, tell me, please, I have been depressed because we have so many problems and I keep wondering did I do something in my previous life, why is my kismet like this?  God is punishing me. Please tell me, just today I was reading this bible and I prayed for an answer, ‘why?’, god must have sent you for me to hear this.” By now We ALL have goosebumps.  We shared Psalms 103:7 onwards, and she said, “I feel relief.  So it’s not me. It’s not my faut.  And god is not angry with me. He is not punishing me . . . It is not god, it is satan.  Long discussion ensued. A cup of chai followed (my favourite part).  Teary eyes.   More goosebumps.  And we hope, an everlasting relationship.  She and her husband have never attended a meeting although they’ve been invited many times. But Saturday, they canceled their plans and both came, and the husband made the above comment adding, “she has been deeply touched . . .she is a changed woman now . . .”.    “The Truth will set you free,”  came to life that day.   This is the greatest privilege of all, revealing that our Jehovah is a Loving God – not a punisher or a revenge taker like the gods that these “poor ones” believe in.  It’s war - Worship based on terror vs worship based on Love.  You know who wins . . .    

Ignore the kid!
The one wearing a brown t-shirt attended for the first time.
She was amazed. "no gossip,  . .I learnt something, . . .is this where WE come every month?  Ok, so take my picture
so I can show my husband that this is where I will be next time
.
 

No comments:

Post a Comment