Monday, February 17, 2014

It was like a "Public Talk", rare experience

   Geeta and I had about 45 min spare, so before heading home, decided to do one just one more call in the neighbourhood. Why not. 

  As we walked past the window of the householder, we noticed a crowd of people sitting in a circle and decided to let the lady of the house (who after seeing us came outside) know that it was ok, we can see she has company. While she is chatting with Geeta, I hear the women thru the open window, "ih PJ heh?"  ("are they PJ?") I speak thru the window, "hanji, asee Pj ha.  "  ("yes, we are PJ.")  And then one yells out to me, "India khiree sher?" ("Which city in India?")  "Jalandhar," I reply. A few said, "Leh-ta! ih ta sadee kureeyah!"  ("she's one of us!")  And then they tell us to come inside.  I grabbed a handful of our campaign tracts on the resurrection,  (not planning to go inside but just to pass them out), but the man of the house, kindly asks us to come inside, 'please,'he says, as he recognizes Geeta from a prior meeting, and asks us to share the message we bring.  

I look at Geeta, 'let's go girl! these opportunities are rare!" 

So this is what we walk into.

****************************************************************

              Facing us is this












                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                       On our right is this





On our left is this 





I could quickly count 16, but there may have been more behind the wall dividing this room and the kitchen.  And the lady of the house left to make us chai and later returned. 
The woman on my left in yellow was visiting from India somewhere near Moga.  Gave her 3 mags to take with her back to India. 
We stayed for about 45 min.  (funny how that works eh. .  .) 

  10 second movie clip below.  




Too much to write, but it was an amazing experience when Jehovah's spirit took away our apprehension and we could just use the scriptures to comfort them.  Comfort them?  Ha! Yes! This was no ordinary 4 O' clock-tea-time chat. This was a mourning ritual.    
All of them had returned from a funeral at the temple - the man of the house', brother in India, mid 40's, died in a road accident. And what tract did we have????? I know! The exact one they needed.  Such sincere questions came from many of them: 'Why did god take him away?'  'Why do good suffer and bad ones prosper?'  God's name. True identity of Satan. The last days.  

We did offer free home bible studies to all.  One lady provided her number, "kineeya sohneeya gala dasde." (What beautiful things they teach.)  

The man of the house was convinced that we were god-sent at that exact moment to provide all of them comfort.  

I must agree with him. . . .

No comments:

Post a Comment