Monday, February 24, 2014

It was the MANGOEs Fault


Remember the Feb. 3rd blog entry at the Immigration Office - the one that was like "looking for a needle in a haystack?"  Well, I am ashamed to admit that I did not follow up on the interested man (PJ Emo)  Just very busy which is no excuse. But I remembered him Friday night during the Service Meeting KM part about JW.org website, in which I commented about meeting the guy at the immigration office. So feeling ashamed, on Saturday, while taking a break at the mall, I text him inviting him to the PJ meeting for next week.  Few details I must explain so you can truly taste the angelic direction in this moment.  Just bear with me for a bit.   


This is SM North Edsa Mall.
According to Wiki, and various other sites, 4th largest mall in the world.
We live about 10 minutes from here.




The mall is in Quezon City.
That young man from the immigration office lives in Pasay.
 Takes about an hour to travel from Pasay to Quezon 

 Ok, so now that you have a full living-in-the-Philippines education, here it goes.  I am with France, remember her from 2 weeks ago?  The one I need to listen to! Well, again, I did. She brings me mangoes for lunch.  Nice. That's my fav fruit, but those are heavy to carry in your back pack all day but she says, "no, we shall eat them for lunch." OK, great, but where I ask myself, we never break for lunch. Usually we pack a lunch or grab a bite on the run. SM mall is on the way so let's run in, use the CR (bathroom aka the loo)wash our mangoes, France can get her rice (which she can't live without, 3 times a day!)and we can take a short break.  Note: WE NEVER DO THIS!  So let's go! Hurry.  

We don't have much time.  As we run out of the CR with our 3 wet mangoes, guess who we run into?  The Dhillions (missionaries in our group from England). They are like, 'woah, . . .wet mangoes?'.  Now we all know how much indians love mangoes right?  so France offers them one and we tell them that we are going downstairs to the food court to get lunch, so they decided to meet us there after running to the loo (the bathroom AKA the CR).  Note: THE DHILLIONS NEVER GO TO SM MALL FOR A BREAK!  This is unusual for all of us.  But it's a nice change of pace, so let's just enjoy hanging out for a moment. 

 I am bored while everyone is ordering lunch, so who can I text, who can I text, who, who, who?  Ah yes, PJ Emo!  seconds later he responds. "Hey, how are you?  Where is the meeting and what time?  I am at SM North Mall."  WHAT! ARE YOU KIDDING ME!  I quickly text back, "We are too! Can you come downstairs to the food court?"  His reply, "I am at the food court in front of ?? restaurant."   My reply, "We will come to you," because he was sitting only 20 feet away from us! 




Even the Pj man was amazed at the chances of all of us meeting at this moment. He asked to take a picture because he felt this meeting was god-directed for sure!  Brother Sarb happened to have an extra english BH book (prefers english vs PJ).  He said he will try his hardest to attend the meeting, let's pray he does. 

 What are the chances of this happening?  How many angels were involved?  The Dhillions crossing paths with us.  The PJ man being in Quezon City all the way from Pasay.  And let's not forget the mangoes - they needed washing.  

So it was the mangoes fault. .  . 





No comments:

Post a Comment