What are the chances of finding a Punjabi person at the Bureau of Immigration office? Waaaayyyyy too many! 100s of PJ's go there each and every day to renew visa expirations etc. Since we can't preach to all of them we always pray and hope that we might just find the "one" - the one perhaps John 6:44 might apply to. So my partner-in-crime, little Sb, (Steph) and I both had Visa renewals to do so off we went on the dreaded day.
Please NOTE: This is a horrible experience.
You can get an idea from the (google-images) picture below.
![]() |
| It's like finding a needle in a haystack |
Steph and I were not sure whether to pay at windows 32 or 34 or 36, or was it 42 or 46 or 48 ?? so looking like lost tourists (ironic isn't it. . .) the customer next to us helped us - at a glance he looked like an indian but way too Emo looking. Then I noticed the kara (sikh bangle) on his wrist and could not control myself, "oh hey, are you PJ?" Emo PJ: "yeah, you?" We had 2 min. before I needed to switch from window 32 to 42, so I quickly handed him a PJ Tract and gave a super brief witness.
15 min later, it was my turn at Window 42 and while I was wondering to myself why I always get the world's slowest CS Rep. helping me I turned and saw the Emo PJ next to my window with the world's 2nd slowest CSR helping him. Perfect right! So while waiting we started chatting for about 15 min about what and who we were. Found out he just recently (few months ago) converted from Sikhism to Christianity (either born again or baptist, can't remember). Reads the Bible daily and is doing loads of research. Off course he had never heard of Jehovah's name, and never heard of Jehovah's Witnesses!
Once all our paperwork is complete and paid for there is a 45-60 min waiting period, during which time he sat by us, and using the revised 2013 NWT in English we preached to him about the difference between Jehovah and Jesus and the Kingdom theme. Gave him our website, KH address and email.
When I got home one hour later, he text and said he had already downloaded the JW.org app on his iphone. That was the last I heard of him but for sure for sure for sure Steph and I both felt that out of the 1,000s at the immigration office that day, we found a gem that day.
Our expected horribly-horrid-immigration experience turned out to be an unexpected beautiful experience instead.
I love being wrong. . . sometimes.
![]() |
| Phil Ayala our latest need greater from USA He made a wonderful impression on the Baesa studies |
![]() |
A Gag Gift - a roll up shirt with
velcro attachments.
|
![]() |
A common site in the PI - to cool off the men just roll up their t-shirts.
|




No comments:
Post a Comment