Monday, February 10, 2014

More "unusual" finds with France


Meet France! 


My very good dear friend and partner-in-"crime". 
My height (5,7') must be imperfect because she fits (4,11') - I don't! Examples below. 

















She fits here (right pic) is standing straight up and I'm so uncomforable! Customers were laughing - we were buying a coke from this sari-sari store (that's what they call these little corner home made shops.  Sari-sari is a Tagalog word meaning "variety." Ironically, the Tagalog word "Suki", means "loyal customer." 

Fits here! 
           
And fits here!
and I don't! (my head is touching 
the top of the same Jeepney)

**********************************
But she sure is a great help when we are looking for PJ's. I need to learn to really "listen" to her cuz I think angels use her. 

Last Saturday we came across a PJ family that was already being studied with by a brother in our PJ group. So I told France just leave the tract and not go in.  But France said she saw a PJ woman (one we had not met in the past) but who I thought was Filipino.  So I ignored her comment, and she went ahead and left a tract although invited in by the husband numerous times. And then we left. 

We walked about a min away, and then the husband chased after us.  (I've met him before).  "Why did you not come in, my wife said she thought she saw a PJ woman and wanted to meet you!"  Ahhhh, the one who I thought was Filipino, off course!  So we rushed back in and I apologized and explained my mistake. She laughed.  Then asked, "I would like to go preaching with you! Take me with you! I don't like the PI, there is too much corruption."  I'm thinking, "where is my OD book?  let's get her qualified to become an unbaptized pub fast!"   She arrived from India a month ago, first time in PI. Not pleased with the environment for her kids, 4yr and 8 yrs. 


In this territory, Malabon (in Metro Manila - about 45-60 min travel in traffic - which is ALWAYS! -  but in reality probably 20 min from Q.city)there is a PJ church (born-again perhaps).  This PJ family is Christian - includes Mum/Dad-in-law, the lady I met, and her husband who has been studying with one of our brothers for over a year) attends the church which would explain why this lady could tell me what Isaiah said.  I was unaware at this point and just thought she was brilliantly smart!   Conclusion:  she requested a weekly regular bible study for herself and her kids. France and I will visit them on Saturdays. 

Then - France mentions another house we were suppose to call on last Sat, but did not.  I was like, 'I don't think their interested,' but, sigh, "Ohhhh-kaaayyyy".  (working on obedience).  And wouldn't you know it, the lady asked why we did not come last week, "my husband and I were waiting!".  They are Radha-swamis.  Started a study with them too.  Man! And come to find out, the husband, 10 yrs ago, attended a KH 3 times in Austria, with his younger brother who he claims is a JW - gonna look into that. How cool would that be. 

Then, on the way home I am like, "let's take the short cut and avoid the dense traffic," cuz the pollution was hurting my throat that day. But little France had one more call and doing it meant walking thru the dense road.  DON'T SAY IT! I'm already ahead of you guys. I listened. . . . so there!  Did her call, and we walked the road I hate. 

(Picture below of the street without the Jeepneys) 



While trying to walk, avoid sweating, avoid being hit by vehicles, avoid potholes and the occasional rat or cockroach, (this requires skills) and breathe thru my handkerchief-covered-nose at the same time!,  I see 2 PJ men on motorcycles drive by slowly. And "oh Jehovah, how I wish they could have been on the side of the road we were walking on!"  Well, guess what?  They both made a U-turn, and parked their bikes right in front of us. It was like I was in a slow motion movie, and this eerie feeling like the words in my head were heard loud and clear! 


So yes off course, we gave them tracts and showed them God's name.  

See picture below that France took.   



The men parked in front of a doctors office that we were passing by at the same time. 

No comments:

Post a Comment